PS2 hard drive: I ordered it

nightblade

Novize
Ffxi-ps2-hdd

Ok I just got it yesterday so I havn't got everything figured out yet but heres my preliminary findings:

Ok lets start with the PS2 hdd. The PS2 hdd can do the following the with the current playonline software: Send and get e-mail from anywhere (not just from other PlayOnline email accounts) , download email attachments to the hdd but with current software you can only open png,jpg,eml and text only.

They do insinuate that other formats will be supported in the future, but nothing definative. You CAN save games to the hdd and I think you can copy to and from the memory card but I havn't tryed it yet.You CAN NOT play mp3s or surf the net yet but software has already be developed to allow this for the japanese version.

FFXI runs completly from the hdd you don't need the disc for anything but backup purposes.POL allows the creation of chat rooms (20 person max) and has a kind of news service for supported games. I read that there will be some kind of ps2 entertainment center released that sounds like it will offer features more or less eqivilent to that of a pc but no date has been set so... anyway,

Now a few quick notes on FFXI: It's similar to eq but far more intersting/complex. The races all have wierd names. "Elf" guys look gay... literaly. Tarutaru like like teletubby rejects. All the chicks except tarutaru look hot.Basicly the races are human/catgirl/ronso/teletubby/elf-like

One of the things I really like about it is the job system which allows you to change "classes" without penalty, say you play a warrior then you fell like playing a mage you can change your main to mage (which starts at L1 regardless of LvLs in other jobs) bring it up to lvl whatever go then go back to your warrior and pickup where you left off.Basicly you can change has class whenever you feel like it the only thing thats fixed is race/gender.

It should be noted that you only get ONE character slot to start if you want more you can get more slots for an additional fee 1$usd (per month) last I checked.It also cost 1$usd (also per mounth) to play Tetra Master which is now a completly sepperate game from FFXI.More Info later (if I feel like it). Later.

Oben