[Diskussion] Do you have a lot of anime/manga fans in germany? (and editors and licensings companies?)

uoi

Novize
Hi there, i was curious about if there were a lot of fans in Germany.

I live into a neightboor country, and here there are a lot of japanese animation and manga fans and japan related content such as music. We even have a TV station which broadcast clips directly from japanese artists:p. And there are especially a lot of publishers for manga content. It has even been said that we are the 2nd best selling countries for manga right after japan!:o

So, i would like to ask how it is for you...do you have a lot of manga and animation published there? Do you have a lot of anime/manga related conventions?

Sciency

Gläubiger
There are several companies which publish anime and manga here, but not that many. It seems to me like people just start to realize the market potential of manga/anime, so things are just getting started. We do have a lot of fan-subbing crews, though. Lots of sites providing subtitles for anime not yet licenced here. That could be a problem for publishers, since lots of people (including me) prefer japanese dub with subtitles. Localizations almost always sound horrible, with just a few exceptions.

Some TV channels showed anime on a regular basis since at least 1999, but in almost all cases kids shows. More serious stuff was shown by some music channels at late night.

Conventions? Yeah, I think there are several people meeting for cosplay parties in germany. There are also some related events like ComicCon or the book fair in Leipzig.

Oben