[Diskussion] Just wondering....

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Jenna

Novize
... but why is a USA-Flag next to the english section name??

I mean, I understand that in the US, people speak in english too... but i think nowadays and even in the past, the US are not THE symbol of english speaking...

:huh:

terminator2k2

Bite my shiny metal ass!!
urgesteinbanner
It doesn't matter!.. it's just symbol to make the section more "visible".. so there is no meaning behind this

Yeah, it's true, Yve.
USA always win xD"

I prefer to speak American English than British English ...

You see, USA always win xD"

Aquifel

Novize
I like American English, British English goes way overboard with the extra 'u's, does the word color really need an extra letter?

I would agree that the US flag is more known than the British flag, but being that I'm from the US, I would think it's because I see it everywhere. There are a bunch of sites that I've gone to that have the British flag to signify "English" however.

lutic

Novize
When I saw the American flag then immediately realized that there can write in English and it is not important Royal or American. When almost do not know German, you do not care what flag is seen - the main thing is the language of this country)). Personally, I would be happy if i saw the flag of Russia:happy:

I'm british and it doesnt really bother me what flag is next to english section name, US or GB......as long it is actually english, whatever floats your boat! :)

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Oben