soul eater

Kainreaver

Ungläubiger
Hello, i had just discovered soul eater and i just love this manga, so what are your feelings on this manga?
(unfortunately, we french, have actually only two books in store -_-' )

plot:

Set in the Shinigami technical school for weapon meisters, the series revolves around 3 groups of each a weapon meister and a human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "Death Scythe" and thus fit for use by the Shinigami, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch.
Soul Eater is an anime that centers around meisters and their weapons and their mission to collect 99 evil souls and 1 witch soul. Upon doing that the meister's weapons will become a Deathscythe, which is the highest title for a weapon. Maka, Soul Eater, Black Star, Tsubaki, Death the Kid, and Patty and Liz Thompson are the characters Soul Eater revolves around. Besides taking the time to gather souls these students of Shibusen defend Death City from some of the most powerful of creatures while still attending school and trying to become stronger.

(i havven't write this splot, i just copy/paste form here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9070
)

Oh Soul Eater. I only saw the anime up to episode 30 but it's really good. If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

k1337oris

Novize
hm normaly i dun like such kinda anime / manga but it sounds nice, i'll look forward to.

btw: you'r rly got only two kind of manga in your store? poor Kainreaver :(

gandalf-lx

Ungläubiger
soul eater's great. i read all available chapters and i like the style very much. especially the sun in the background...

btw, i think he meant, that he only gets to read the first two volumes of soul eater. seeing the massive amount of comics in french bookstores it'd look strange to only have two different books among them xD

dliang

Ordensbruder
Yeah, the ending kind of felt like someone let the air out of a really cool expensive balloon. But overall the series was really kind of beautiful to watch -- the first 3 episodes were wonderful mood/atmosphere setters. Most of the 51 episodes were hilarious/exciting/grim.

dfinc

Ungläubiger
Hmm...first time posting here...I enjoyed Soul Eater as well, but the ending was disappointing, especially since the manga version's story goes well beyond that...

Kuonil

Ungläubiger
I only recently started reading this manga..
It's not one of the best stories I've read, but the character design is really good.

Orange-kun

Ungläubiger
I've watched the anime. Well...the Seiyuu's are incredible. The openings/endings rock. The animation style is unique.
I'm just sad that it didn't follow the manga's plt through the end. It would make an incredible long-running series.

I'm reading the manga right now. Monthly releases suck, but it is worth waiting for it.

Oben