[Diskussion] Biggest waste of money?

rentalkid

Novize
When I was young, I bought some Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon DVDs. And I dropped this title after 10 minutes -_-
Really? I mean, I'm not into the Magical Girl genre myself, but I found that first season of Sailor Moon to be pretty darn good, actually. Funny throughout and really emotional at the finish line.

Als Fehlkauf würde ich persönlich nur "El Hazard" bezeichnen. Allerdings auch nur, da ich mir damals die VHS-Kassetten zulegte, die leider einzig und allein die schreckliche deutsche Synchro beinhalteten.

ratte_ru

Novize
Really? I mean, I'm not into the Magical Girl genre myself, but I found that first season of Sailor Moon to be pretty darn good, actually. Funny throughout and really emotional at the finish line.
This may be a classic, but it's annoying and dumb... for me XD:
I think it's a series which at least half of us remember as one of the first anime's we've ever watched.

rentalkid

Novize
This may be a classic, but it's annoying and dumb... for me XD:
I think it's a series which at least half of us remember as one of the first anime's we've ever watched.
It certainly is pretty dumb. But I respect the series (again, first season in particular) for not trying to be anything else. ;)
Then again, there's much dumber stuff being idolized right now, if you ask me.

Mako5

Novize
Even though it is my favorite anime, my answer is: DragonBall. I bought the entire DVD series and two years later Remastered Edition came out :imc: DVD Menus are very nice, but video quality is very bad.

csubakka

Novize
All this buyer's remorse in this therad...

My brother bought all of DBZ, even though he had it on his comp. He regretted it later, because the money didn't go to the creators :P

YuukoXD

Novize
For me, it was shakugan no shana. I remember buying the all first season dvds and lost interest in those after couple months. I ended up giving them all away to my friends lol.

Never going to buy anime dvds again >.>

teae

Novize
Anime: probably some VHS's. I have the full set of Those Who Hunt Elves. While the anime is great I've realized that re-watch value is low and now a VCR is obsolete in this era.

Manga: any series part way completed because the publisher went out of business or closed their line. Feels bad to be stuck in the middle of a story and forced to remain there having those books stare at you on the shelf forever.

Wowza

Gläubiger
The "sequel" of the "El Hazard" OVA, because everything had changed - the names of the characters, their voices - it was quite a big mess. I thought I was watching a completely different series that had nothing to do with the original. It was really disappointing and definitely a waste of time and money.

Oben