[Diskussion] Top Horror Animes Thread!

Namiirei

Novize
I don't really like anime horror, because they're mostly based on a VN/game...and the original experience is wayyyyyy better, such as higurashi or corpse party.

That's why i try to find Original anime horror, like Another (i liked it), but they're not common :/

zhane

Gläubiger
Ghost Hunt. I'd recommend anyone to watch it.
While horror anime have it's own appeal, it's hard to have a scary moment when re watch it.
But Ghost Hunt giving me a nice alot of goosebumps while re watch it.

Cendol

Gläubiger
If one could classify Attack on Titan as horror, then yeah. But only the first few episodes, before it turned into a walking dead-esque.

syobon_action2

Gläubiger
Corpse party but only for its body horror which it does really well, unfortunately I dont think anime horror will be able to trump movie horror, even in the hands of the Japanese who are the masters at the horror genre.

Considering athmospheric horror I found Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments: Lain quiet disturbing. Also the aforementioned Gantz was kind of a freakshow as well.

Skihor

Verwirrter Typ
Teammitglied
SMods
attack on titan isn't horror at all. it's more action and drama based with some focus on gore/splatter

Tokyo Ghoul is a recent good horror show for me. Though it does get more into action eventually.
Attack on titan ... hmmm ... guess it's more action than horror to me.

Still ... I generally want some action in my horror to keep it entertaining.

gto27

Novize
For me the best horror anime are
Hellsing ultimate and kaiji .
Even if Kaiji is not really an anime of horror but it is so stressful that it made me much more afraid than any other

tiboom

Novize
Another,my first horror anime
japanese horror theme really put the victims against 'spiritual' things,not just crazy serial killer
still make me doesn't want to take another horror series yet

KatorzeLe

Gläubiger
If by horror we mean something that just gets down into your bones and makes you shiver, I would say none exist.
The only thing I would assume to be a horror anime would be the higarashi series and that's only because I felt sick after watching it.

Now Japanese horror games, those are scary. Especially if you play them in the dark and at the dead of night.

k2156375

Novize
Gantz - for serious one, and I think that manga is better than anime.
Gyo - for something weird not only scary.

Oben