[Frage] Would you rewatch a series after the Bluray came out?

Well it depends. Often if a season is censored to hell I hold off on watching till the BD releases start popping up.
If the season is at least watchable I do not wait.

I do tend to rewatch some stuff every now and then and if a BD is released by then I often decide to update my archive with new quality and watch that one instead.

Tzi

Gläubiger
It really depends on how long it has been since I've watched the series. With time many series that you didn't want to re-watch before might be something you'd consider to watch again, because you have very vague memories about it or the setting might be appealing to you now, because you're interesting into other / new things now.

Edema Ruh

Novize
Most likely - no. It is very rare for me to rewatch an anime whether it was realized on BD or not. I just don't feel the same emotions I felt while watching it for the first time.

GyD

Novize
I did it for DVD releases (Samurai Champloo for ex) so maybe. I really need to love the anime to do that :)

Tabula42

Gläubiger
It totally depends on the quality of the original, and more importantly, if it was censored.

Like I don't care for Attack on Titan even though quality is better on blu-ray, because that wasn't censored and it wasn't that bad.

But when Diamond is Unbreakable gets a blue-ray I'm going to watch it again because the censorship on that was just silly. The same thing happened with Tokyo Ghoul, so I watched it again when the blu-ray came out.

raidnoir

Novize
The only reason I have waited for Bluu-rays and watched a series is because of the amount of censorship. It can either be Gore or H scenes but freaking darkness or white lines are just degrading to works of art

neoasherz

Novize
It'd be nice to rewatch the blu-ray and spot the differences if any, but just binging to re-enjoy a series I like in HD is good enough reason for me.

gto27

Novize
It depends, if the bluray are uncensored and brings additional content then yes I see the anime again.
But generally I do not see an anime that I already saw in blu ray

Oben