[English] [WIP] Monster Girl World - 3D game I'm making

SubZeroMGW

Ungläubiger
Hi everyone! I'm the developing a 3d monster girl game.

Monster Girl World is a first-person RPG game introducing you as the only survivor of the demon calamity to a world now inhabited by monster girls. What you make of this situation will ultimately be up to you. For instance, you can try and defeat the demon lord to restore the world and its inhabitants to their original form. Or you can study the new creatures called Monster Girls and complete your research and discovery journey step by step. If you don't feel like exploring all too much you can also decide to settle in, marry a monster girl and manage the family life.

But yeah in short, Monster Girl World is a lewd 3d sex game.

Some Work in Progress screenshots:

Now off to continue working on a demo for you guys!

Also I decided to start a Patreon, I would be honored by your support!

If you want to learn more about the project check out my dev blog. http://monstergirlworld.com

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

SubZeroMGW

Ungläubiger
I am sorry if I gave you that impression. It is not meant to be a copy.

What would I need to change about my patreon to change your impression?

KatsuLynx

Exarch
What would I need to change about my patreon to change your impression?
Honestly it's less about the patreon page and more about the general impression of your game itself. Ripoff or not, you're simply too late. It just appears you're trying to jump on the hype train. Imo., you'd be better of either trying to join the other dev team or starting a clean project with an innovative idea.

SubZeroMGW

Ungläubiger
Thank you. I failed at communicating my idea behind this. I have updated the project description to point out the different ways of playing this game and to indicate some of the features I am trying to implement.

J-Nought

4ever Jack
Copy or not. If you make something better then go on. Sadly you block your project with "patreon only". When people don't know what they are paying for, they mostly decide not to. So please change that.

Think this through. I would say that you should believe in your project, even if you are jumping on the Monster Girl Hype Train. Because why not? If there is a market, why not keep milking that cow? ^^

SubZeroMGW

Ungläubiger
Thank you for your support! In regards to the project being patreon only: The informational posts are public, only the nsfw content is patreon-only right now. But even that isn't that much.
I am working on a demo right now, it will be released for the public so everyone can get an idea of what I try (and fail) to communicate here. ^^

J-Nought

4ever Jack
Are you using Unity? I would be interested which engine do you use.
Btw: In case that you still have question how you approach such a project... Why don't you look at other ones? How do they develop their game? How do they handle their "customers" or fanbase, patreons, whatever? Learning from the best, is always a good way to know how are you continue your work.

Varoc

Ungläubiger
I don't know how to start.
I like your project, but after reading through the stuff on your patreon and website. I've got more questions than at the beginning.

• Defeating the demon lord and restoring the world
  • Researching Monster Girl and discover a journey ??? ( I can't really imagine what journey i should discover ? An explanation would be helpful or some hints at least, to get a better understanding.)
  • Settle in, marry a monster girl and manage the family life

Those are the 3 big features.

But on your website there are even more features, some share the same goal/system. ?

• H-Scences with every girl
  • Romances ( Don`t know with every girl, but i guess so. )
  • Housing system ( Well this depends on how complex you make this )
  • Storyline ( I guess this is the "Defeating the demon lord" )

Aaannnd then there is the Daytime/Nighttime which changes the gameplay. At Day you are the Hunter and at Night you become the Hunted.
( All I can imagine is in daytime you are able to easily have sex or so with monster girls and at night you get raped ? Or at least its harder to "hunt" )

If I look at the pictures of your game ( Work in Progress ), it looks like you are using assets from the internet.
The 2 pictures seem to be different games, from an artstyle perspective. The Catgirl picture seems to be from an more Anime style game like Custom Maid 3D 2 or Monster Girl Island. And the picture with the alraune is more of an comic style game like Allods online. ( And seems to have a lot less polygons and a lower texture quality than the catgirl. )
But both do look different and don't make me believe that those were created for the same game. ( This counts for the environment, too. )
( As a side note, the answer choices of the catgirl picture remind me of the Wolf girl flash game "Ookami Shoujo to Issho" don`t know if on purpose or mere coincidence )

And the Last problem i`ve got with your project are the 15$ and 20$ patreon rewards.
  • 15$ You will receive a special item for revival to continue the game from where you left of should you fail to escape. ( So there is a time limit ? Or you can die in this game and have to start from the beginning like a rogue like ? Or is like "Let it Die" in which you can spend real money to revive yourself. ( Let it Die is a F2P , Dark Souls like game, kind of. )
  • 20$ Weekly Treasure Chest will offer you an item of value in your fight/pleasure with the monsters. ( And this seems like a second payment option in the game. )

So after reading those 2 rewards. Your game will have a lot of systems and stuff and after it is released there will be an Ingame Shop ? Or why would somebody want every week an item ? Is it Ingame weeks ? But why then every week and not for every month paid a chest as a thank you or something.

In comparison to Redamz Monster Girl Island. This seems pretty shady.

Monster Girl Island doesn`t promise a lot gameplay, the characters work well together, if you put them together, no one seems out of place.
And his patreon doesn`t promise some chests or other stuff that sound like a Ingame Shop. He just offers some bottles with messages/pictures, your name on a location ingame and the PSDs of his Art.

I guess you are working on this completly alone.
And after reading what you´ve planned, what the game will include. I would like to know if you are an experienced programmer or an artist or something like that ? And what engine are you using or are you gonna program one yourself ?
Because it seems very ambitious. ( Like Star Citizen, but instead of a whole team, its just one person doing it. )
You have to model, texture, rig and animate all the monster girls and the H-Scenes. You have to code all the features. Then there has to be sound ( Voice acting aside ).And then you have to optimize it so it doesnt run on a pc with just 2 fps.

I´m sorry if this sounds a bit rude. But maybe this helps you in improving your project or maybe considering to think this through and taking it down a notch.
I mean, you can always upgrade and add stuff to the game once you have finished something. But you should have a reasonable plan when you want to finish the game and with what features.
Because no one wants to spend 10$ or more every month and play the game in 20XX or even get an unfinished game made with broken promises.

This took me quiet some time to write and I´m not sure if this is useful, but maybe it helps. Hopefully the demo will put some of my concernces aside.

Oben