[Audio & Video Converter] DVD-Ripping Tool: VidCoder [Win]

terminator2k2

Bite my shiny metal ass!!
urgesteinbanner
VidCoder is a DVD ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.

Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.

Feature List

• Multi-threaded
  • MP4, MKV containers
  • H.264, MPEG-4, Theora video
  • AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3 passthrough audio
  • Target bitrate, size or quality for video
  • 2-pass encoding
  • Multi-angle support
  • Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
  • Instant source previews
  • Creates small encoded preview clips
  • Pause, resume encoding
Features to be completed
  • Keyboard shortcuts
  • More presets
Help

Two important things to note about running VidCoder. First and most importantly, you'll need .NET 4.0 (only the client profile is needed). If you don't have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it.

VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs. AnyDVD is an excellent program that can remove DVD encryption on the fly. DVD Decrypter is a free option.
Platform

VidCoder is built on .NET 4.0 Client Profile/WPF in C#.

It runs on any OS that supports .NET 4.0: Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003 and Server 2008.

Download

http://vidcoder.codeplex.com/

terminator2k2

Bite my shiny metal ass!!
urgesteinbanner
How fast is it? I found that Handbrake was extremely slow, even with my i7 8 core machine :(
well, i haven't tested it myself but..

VidCoder is a DVD ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.

Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
so the speed will be the same i think ;)

could be that you have some incorrect settings there

Sounded nice because in the tital i have read Linux / Mac
But where should this be? I only find infos, what it is windows programm.
Am I missing something?

Oben