[Frage] Will the Rebuild of Evangelion be as confusing as the old one?

rippvann

Novize
I mean, after all this years and the new OVAS, after so much discussion and the RoE Q; You can (not) Redo.. I still don´t get it. Does anyone? please explain me. What Evangelion is about?

CrisGer

Gläubiger
I really hate Evanglion, it is so over rated and has such an awful ending. The director recieved death threats for that ending and I can see why. I have no idea why it is so famous, it is not deserved.

Same here. Dont really get the Evangelion series at all, so confusing. There are entire theories around the series but I think it only thells that the Evangelion is a mess, and I put it in the same vein as the Lost TV series.
So much potential go to waste ...

Samidare

Novize
Rebuild? I liked it till the second one. The third one made me feel worse than the series... I mean, in the second Shinji finally made something which was shounen like (of course, I know Evangelion is not supposed to be a shounen anime, but still) instead of just crying or something. And then, the third movie... Yeah, if I could choose I would like happy ending in which Shinji doens't mess it up, and ends up with Rei :3

About the symbology, as far as I know it was just to make the series seem exotic in Japan (you know, as there aren't really many christians, and to them it seems as exotic as we see chinese or japanese traditions). Dunno if in rebuild it actually means something, but personally I really like the series

thedoxp

Gläubiger
Hmm my friend told me Rebuild is not a new version it is something continue from old serie like rebuild the world and then start the life again.

eckko

Novize
Some are gonna side with confusing some are gonna side with symbolic. Its all in how you look at it to be completely fair.
Exactly. For me, Evangelion was a fantastic series, and very symbolic in nature. It tried its best to not feed its viewers every minute detail, like most studios nowadays try to dumb down their stories. Art in every medium has its whole purpose defined in literally how you perceive it, and what it evokes in you. Eva was a compelling series that I could relate to, character-wise. The inner turmoils that he went through towards the end in particular struck a chord that resounded within me. If you can relate to the series like that, there's no way you can leave unscathed and demanding the author to die or to give you a refund of time and money.
If you didn't like Evangelion, I highly recommend Re:Zero or Erased, since there's no critical thinking involved. In those series, you have to look at what the director shoves in your face to really understand what's going on; you have to listen to the droning dialogue and inner monologues where they say "I am this, you are that" to really make you think about what things really seem to be. They're more feel-good, watch-to-watch series. But Re:Zero... imo very overrated and frankly uninteresting. Dialogue and characters are cheesy. Subaru was cringy before it was cool to call him cringy.

Falvern2345

Gläubiger
I re-watched the ending many times over and I still haven't get it completely. I read some forums and wikias to enlighten me about some interpretations.

Clown ReeD

Gläubiger
The rebuild movies are WORLDS are apart from the crappy tv series, which tried WAY to hard to be deep. The films are trimmed of unnecessary fat in the story, cut back a lot on Shinji's bitching and whining and feature great action. Most impressive of all, Shinji is actually a bit badass. Shocking, I know, but it actually happens.

dreffred1

Novize
the 1st was okay, like a remastered, the 2nd was awesome like a explsio, the 3rd was strange, interesting, but slow and strange at the end.

Oben