[Diskussion] Hulu

langen7

Novize
I really like using Hulu, especially when I'm trying to tell my friends what I like, I can send them hulu links instead of just saying "yeah that show is cool"....What do you guys think of hulu?

Bravo

Novize
i don't like it very much because of all the comercial and its so laggy. or is it better now? i diddnt used it since the beta ;)

langen7

Novize
I think it's better now. I've been watching Stargate and Stargate Universe on it. What's really good about it is the ability to watch shows that aren't on TV anymore without having to try to find them in direct download or torrent format. A friend linked a Sliders episode to me and I was able to watch it. There are a lot of shows on it. Most of the Star Treks are available to watch. Many other things are there too I'm sure, I just haven't really searched for them.

bababoh

Novize
BTW, speaking of legal streams in English, there's this site crunchyroll.com with loads of English subbed anime, if anyone were interested ;)

fudge11223

Ungläubiger
i like using hulu
you can watch episodes u miss and old shows that aren't aired anymore
sadly i heard they were supposed to start charging for using it sometime in 2010

ton12

Ungläubiger
yeah I guess hulu doesn work in other countrys becuase of the u.s advertisements, that sponsor :p

Neren

Novize
I like Hulu a lot. Weekends for me are spent out with friends, so I miss any shows that come on those days. I watch them all at once when I get back home on Mondays.

Aquifel

Novize
I used to watch Hulu a lot, but its not available internationally, kinda sucks if you ever spend any time outside of the US.

Meebo2

Novize
Even in the US, hulu had bad bandwidth problems at times and you have to have a decent connection.

I like relying on Project TV for older shows I've missed, it's just a website that links to other streaming sites like megavideo but it's nice and tidy and has lots of old movies / shows though not in the quality that Hulu does.

moepP

Novize
Can someone telle me why ppl outside of the US cant watch their stuff, also on sites like abc, cbs etc. Is it because of the TV taxes or something like that in the US? Or even something else?

Zero

Chief 0perating 0fficer
Teammitglied
Admin
Can someone telle me why ppl outside of the US cant watch their stuff, also on sites like abc, cbs etc. Is it because of the TV taxes or something like that in the US? Or even something else?
most of the stations in USA will get their money with advertisment & taxes.

So if you want s.th. like cbs etc. you have to pay a little bit. - just like they do here in Germany with the HD+

moreover it's a copyright problem.
The stations only buy licences for the american sector.
So to broadcast it to other countries, they had to extend the licence, which whould mean, they have to increase taxes.

So, they simply block foreign IPs ^^

Oben