[Diskussion] PokemonGO

I don't get to play this.... yet. Is it available in your place?
How was the game so far?
Is the hype going to subside?

Lots of unfavorable cases have been reported:nonono:

Malphas

I am the end!
Otaku Veteran
It seems to be repetative even after the first short period, because you keep on finding the same pokemon over and over again, so they say.
It also seems to be a pay to win game.
I personally hadn't the chance yet to test it, but everyone I know, who is playing the game, keeps saying the same thing.
There were also reports about people hacking the game, and put pokemon locations to where they were waiting for some gullible victims to rob them naked, if someone arrived there.
Also it seems that pokemon go opens a backdoor to your android system. http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pokmon-go-hack
I'm going to remove the game from my device, until it's fixed.

SilvershotBS

Ungläubiger
What u mean with buy? in the shop with the gold? only stuff like moduels to lure pkmn or pokeballs, also u can buy more room for ur bag so u can carry more stuff with you

qazw

Gläubiger
Bet the hype will go away once winter hits or atleast we'll see the numbers come down to a more sane level.

Retch

Gläubiger
I love the game. It gets you out of your house and explorer parts of your town that you've never been before. I met quite a lot of people at Pokestops who gave me hints where other Pokemon are.
It is funny though that Nintendo's stocks have gone up as much as they did because Nintendo has nothing to do with this game.

Malphas

I am the end!
Otaku Veteran
It is funny though that Nintendo's stocks have gone up as much as they did because Nintendo has nothing to do with this game.
Nonsense, Niantic created the game in partnership with Nintendo.
And even without Nintendo, they can't simply use trademarked names as they want.
Please refrain from posting half truism.

qazw

Gläubiger
Latest rumor is that the new Nintendo "console" will be a handheld device that you can dock with your TV. Feels like they want to take over the mobile market. Perhaps Pokemon GO is all a part of the master plan ;]

Shr1r1n0vsk1

Gläubiger
@qwza: I have heard those rumors too. And I think that's quite plausible. The WiiU already provides a system like that, just with having a fixed base connected to your TV, but can play many games over wireless on the controller with the integrated display. I can imagine a future Nintendo handheld console with an HDMI out for optional gaming on the big screen. At least I think that rumored new console is more interesting then PS4&XBOne for me.

@topic:
I have played pokemon go a bit now (trainer lvl 16).
My experience so far: it is fun going out visiting stops, conquering arenas and searching rare pokemon. But with every further levelup, the fun moves a bit more into the background. You basically grind your trainer XP by catching the same common pokemon (pidgey, caterpie, weedle, rattata) and evolving them once you have enough candies.
Fighting is really annoying, no real tactics needed, pokemon have a base and special attack and you can evade. That's it. Increasing the strength of your pokemon by fighting? Nope. You use stardust and specific candies instead.

Overall I think the mechanics of the game are OK, but not what I would like to see in a pokemon game. Also the lack of social interaction through the game, something like a chat with players near by, a friends list.

And then there is the item mechanic. Either you are lucky and live in the center of a relatively big town, then you have easy access to lots of pokestops and arenas, or you are as unlucky as I am and have no arena and only a single stop in the whole town. Finding Pokemon and visiting stops&arenas forces you into cities, going for a walk in a nearby forest for example doesn't help in the game. What also eventually happens: you run out of balls or potions, only solutions the are slowing down your progress in the game (because you are not always lucky enough to have the time to travel to the next city with enough stops), or buying items for real money.
I finally reached this situation: I am out of pokeballs, have no stops near by, want to play, but don't want to invest money at this point. Because with increasing amount of XP needed to level up, every pokemon caught is worth less and less. And so are the balls.
I believe the hype around this game will settle in the next few weeks, because eventually everyone will run into a point where progress starts to really take time. No autumn & winter needed for this (although worsening of the weather will definitely have it's impact on the players).
The developers will need to implement some neat features to the game in the future, to keep the userbase up and motivated.

skyyks

Gläubiger
I like the idea and it is fun to play even more if you play with friends but it just eats through your battery.
Also it looks like the hype is greatly decreasing at the moment i really want to know if it stays when they add the new pokemon.

Klil

Gläubiger
I like the game's potential and am playing it mostly because of that. I can tell though that not even that is going to get me to play if issues like the tracking don't get fixed because idk what Niantic thinks nearby means but around the corner and up the street sure isn't it. That and the fact that my town (small) seemingly has no gyms will likely lead me to only play when I'm walking around after college classes.[DOUBLEPOST=1470257484][/DOUBLEPOST]I will say though that whenever legendary events (barring anything stupid has to be done to get to them) and Gen 2 are announced I'll be right back to playing like I never stopped.

qazw

Gläubiger
Feels like it hit that point where everyone is playing it becasue most other ppl are. If you dont play it you cant hang with the "cool kids". Once cold weather hits the hype will die down abit more.

Oben