[Frage] What do you think about Adult artist turn into Normal Artist.

Arutnev

Novize
If it's an artist I care about, then good for them if it brings them more success and it's what they want to do. Though I do feel sad that I won't see any more hentai works from them.

Hafini

Gläubiger
I remembered one of my favorite hentai artist, Lunch, said that he quitted drawing adult manga to do "more decent work". I only know about it when reading the comments on sad panda. Quite sad actually.

Sticaaaaaa

Ungläubiger
And then there are those artists drawing "mainstream" series but that should actually make the switch to hentai, see Yabuki Kentaro :)

KatorzeLe

Gläubiger
I really liked the first hentai tank from the author of Shaman King, it was one of the first tanks I read. But now that I know that he's the author of that tank...I can't read the tank without feeling guilt. Strange, I even avoid it whenever it pops up.

totoman1

Novize
As long as it has an interesting and great plot and great art it doesn't matter who makes it. I do feel a bit sad that they usually stop drawing adult stuff afterwards.

Drostil

Gläubiger
As far as i know for many people in japan becoming a manga/anime-artist is a dream come true, there are sometimes even too much aspiring artists, so they work on tight hours and for people they don´t like to work. Hell, there are even a few mangas about becoming a manga artist. Good animations are expensive, that´s why many artists have to settle with hentai instead of anime to get around and maybe even become famous. If you search through the artist databases there are quiet a few people who did hentai before getting into a team for now popular animationseries. If i recall correclty even Naruto, the most mainstream anime to date has quiet a few ex-hentai artists. Some Animes even start with a hentai-pilot episode like Mezzo Forte.

http://goboiano.com/29-famous-manga-and-anime-artists-that-have-done-hentai/

edit: tl;dr: Hentai sells better, that´s why there are more studios for it and it´s a better (or the only) starting point for people who want to get into serious studios.

This is only the information i gathered, it does not have to be the fact, i could be mistaken after all.

Suin238

Gläubiger
Always sad to know there won't be more, but I can't begrudge them their success. Hopefully a new artists pops up in their place.

Oben