Philosophy: the Meaning of Life

nightblade

Novize
The meaning of life:

What is the meaning life? Why did we live if someday we must die? In other words what's the point of life if it isn't infinite?

nightblade

Novize
Meaning of Life

Theory #1: the meaning of life, I think that when we are born we have a personality of course, but its very simple and over time and through experiences we learn and grow. In essance we become a new person and we take this personality into the next life.

nightblade

Novize
Meaning of Life

Theory #2: the meaning of life,Another possability is that life is ,a test, a trial to determine what we will follow if given the choice of good or evil, right or wrong to determine our final destination...

nightblade

Novize
The "Meaning" of Life

Theory #3: the dark, grim, depressing theory: life is 'without' meaning. we live because we have no other choise. We live our lives oblivious to the fact that everthing we do is in vain. life is pointless and death is meaningles.

Cru3l Int3ntion

Hentai-Ambassador
Hmm, i think the meaning of life is to search for its
meaning ... even if we know that there´ll never
be an answer to that search !

P.S. Was it really necessary to give every theory an
own Post ?

nightblade

Novize
I thought up each one seperatly. I supose I could of just edited my origanal post but I didn't really think about it.

*nightblade returns to contemplating the mysterys of the universe....and looking for new and interesting games to DL off the net*

Frangnbouwer

Lemon Writer
VIP
The Meaning of Life

Hm, somehow this reminds me of a Monty Python film with the same title *g*

In my opinion we live to fulfil our life - somehow contradictory ?(
In other words fulfilling our life, giving sense to our life is the best way of living.
OK, in which wise we find our goal, depends on our social and cultural environment. From somewhere we must get instructions how to achieve this goal.
Because of this fact there wouldn´t be the exact theory out there which describes the meaning of life ...

Eventually we all should see that film to see how meaningless all life is (in a certain way) :D

P.S. I hate my router ...

f4ith

VIP
VIP
in my opinion there is only one meaning of life, it is to become happy and enjoy your life. Everyone has other needs to reach his own happyness, if it is money or friends or family does not matter. Just the feeling " i did well, i dont need anything more to be happy" is important

f4ith

VIP
VIP
and if someone talks about "destinitation" or "gods will "or a "path you have to walk" i am getting sick. Life is what you do with it, nothing more and nothing less. Sure there are factors u cannot predict or even make them not happen, but you can call this "gods will " as well as "luck" and it does not change the fact, that you will only reach your personal happyness and fullfillment if you try and work for it and if you dont turn around just because there is a problem or event you think cant handle with, without having tried.

Kim7

Scriptor
dont think about somethig like this it only makes depressiv
just live ur live cause it doesnt mater why ur alive so take it as it is

YellowAlert

Novize
How about that: Why should there be a meaning of life at all? I mean, searching for those kind of answers is a common humanly mannerism, sure, but who said it's generally necessary? Maybe existence itself is not even relevant. Perhaps life - as we know it - is just a trivial by-product of something bigger (or let's say "more meaningful" in this context, :D), for which mankind will never have the capability to understand it.

Sure you can define what's your very own mission on this planet, but that kind of meaning is just an individual one and barely transmissible to a generally context. So must there be an overall meaning of life for all human beings? I don't think so.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

k1337oris

Novize
for me its just to life like i want. if you always walk arroung with knowing you'll someday die then you'll for sure be unhappy. itsmy own oppinian.

and normaly the ppl just life like they want.well some guy just life like other want to see it. but at the end you got your own free will to life your own dream.

if youlife like you want, you can always be happy =3

as YellowAlert said. there dun should be a meaning of life. just to find a reason why you was born, that sucks. you r alive, fine and thats the end of the story. =)

jpavilvr

Ungläubiger
The meaning of life is to do whatever makes you happy. =] Even if you do something that you consider "unpleasant" you are still doing what makes you "happy" because out of the possibilities that you see, the choice that you make gives you the most happiness from your point of view at that time.

Oben