[Frage] What do you do while watching anime/reading manga?

Lia

Don't eat the help! ツ
Otaku Veteran
Currently playing pokemon go. :-D
Mostly I'm reading stuff e.g. woh posts. :)

I actually try to focus on watching the episode instead of doing random things besides. On rare occasions checking the latest news or my twitter feed is the only thing I do when nothing exciting/new seems to happen. I happen to know a lot of people who watch anime in addition to other tasks but my question is if that really is a good thing and why one can't focus and/or "relax" for just a few minutes without further distractions while watching your favorite series.

Eating something while watching an episode is a normal thing to do at times (especially snacks) and cannot count as "multitasking". I did mean other tasks which require larger parts of your attention (work, playing games...). If a show would not require my full attention because nothing happens or it appears to be boring I probably would not continue to watch it and invest my time. Furthermore watching series is a way to come down and get out of the normal daily life/work (for me) and I find it bad to split my attention to continue to do normal things while having some background noise and just checking the screen every once and then. Of course there will be users who like to do exactly this though.

zodius

Ungläubiger
normally i play game and surf net when watching anime unless the anime is interesting enough to attract my full attention.

qazw

Gläubiger
I lack the skills to do two things at once <.< so what ever gets my full attention.

Klil

Gläubiger
I usually focus on what I'm watching or reading but occasionally I'll glance at my tv or stop and get on my phone briefly.

Crilow

Gläubiger
i usualy focus on watching the anime if i watch it for the first time, if i watch an anime several times i most likely play video games while watching

kogarashi

Novize
Well generally i focus on the anime but i also play sometimes handy games when the anime is not that entertaining for me

Petpunk

Gläubiger
I tend to get full inmersed, so I guess...I just keep breathing :/ But I addmit, a few times I eat some junk.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

qwerty12345

Gläubiger
my friend likes to play games while watching anime. cant really understand that but he watches his animes dubbed, so atleast it would be possible. i like to watch and maybe hav some snacks while im at it.

Fischlord

Gläubiger
i sometimes eat while watching anime, which leads to me having to rewatch scenes several times because i cant´t concentrate on both reading the subs and eating at the same time.
one would think i´d learn eventually, but i never do

Petpunk

Gläubiger
Hahahaha, that's completely true...that reminds me that I have to rewatch Yojuo-han Shinwa Taikei. Last time I was eating something so I'm pretty sure I missed several interesting points of the show.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

KrayZ33

Gläubiger
Nothing, I can't keep up with the story or appreacite the scenes enough if I start doing something else while reading subtitles etc.

Oben