[Diskussion] Which Anime has got the best ending for you? And why! (reason required)

MewTwo

Novize
i just finished watching Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, this is the best ending for me, besides, Gundam00, Clannad also great

zhane

Gläubiger
As long as i can remember, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch series have the best ending for me.
It was truly epic, tragic and emotional one, that keep dwelling into my memories. I would not called it perfect one, but it always intrigue me as long as i live.

balrod

Gläubiger
out of the few animes i've seen, i would probably stick with the kill la kill ending, yea i know its a pretty simple one, but it touched my sensitive fibers :crying:

Klil

Gläubiger
Off the top of my head I give it to DBGT. For all the crap the series as a whole gets I found the ending to be perfect and wrap up the Dragon Ball series properly. Everything from the montage of DBZ moments to Goku giving a final (at that point) wave to fans was great. That and nostalgia are my reasons why this ending is my fave.

syobon_action2

Gläubiger
Lets try this again then, Clannad After Story had a great ending if you dont think of it as an asspull. Good execution compared to its VN counterpart.

I will repeat my opinion that ReZeros ending was lacking a bit because of open ends.

Haha, when entering the post I thought that you were referring to the Ending animated sequence (+music) of animes.

But now on the topic: The best ending for me is an actual ending (series/story finale), so I can't concur with Re:Zero as it just leaves everything open (even if the execution was good, it just a "season finale"). And I think the same with Geass as Lelouch is the Schrödinger's cat of anime with that ending.

My picks:
Clannad: After all the crying you feel good and relieved.
Boku dake ga Inai Machi: The whole series is well structured and executed, leaving nothing out.
Working!!!: All good things come to an end.
Fullmetal Alchemist: You feel that the epic story of war, death, conspiracy and sorrow around the alchemist Elric brothers truly ends, and what follows (that we will not see) is just the story of the Elric family, just another family story.

Amaducias

Gläubiger
Must be Code Geass or Death note for me. Both anime are perfect examples as to why a happy ending isn't necessary to make a good show :) Actually I prefer if shows didn't do the happy endings every damned time.

moriarty08

Gläubiger
Off the top of my head, I'd have to answer with Code Geass or Death Note as well. It's not your generic happy end and it actually makes you think about the ending.

Ro_Ro

Ungläubiger
Huh
From all the series I watched I'd say that TTGL left me the most satisfied.
Watching all the team working together to beat the anti-spiral+Taku Iwasaki's OST gave me the chills

Epic019

Ungläubiger
AnoHana. Jinta able to mend his relationship with his friends and Super Peace Busters reunited at the end made me cry.

LensFlare

Novize
Well its hard to tell reasons without spoilers ^_^

I think its pretty mainstream but its NGE for me, i even think watching End of Evangelion before ep 25 26 makes the best ending. I was quite young when i watched nge and this story and ending was mindblowing for me.

I would say that the best ending was thats of Code Geass was pretty good, because you dont know if "he" was still alive
And i also find the ending of Macross Δ very satisfying ^^

Samidare

Novize
Tales of the Abyss. Sure, kinda extreme change of character of the protagonist, but I just love the personality of every character. And the end, how it's kinda open, but you just wanna believe that it's Luke returning to Tear... I think I'm gonna see it yet another time xD

Oben