[Diskussion] Which Anime has got the best ending for you? And why! (reason required)

Tzi

Gläubiger
Neon Genesis Evangelion, the series.
It was the most unexpected but yet fitting ending I have EVER seen. I haven't realized what exactly the creator (Hideaki Anno) was trying to create up to this point. I just though it was an outstanding action / drama / psycho / thriller mix of a series with it's main focus on action. It was kind of a Sixth Sense type of ending, but much crazier.

ppp82p

Novize
Naming some (coincidentally they are some of the most controversial ones):
- Erased, even though the poor protagonist suffered a big loss of his life, the last scenes are perfect (airi best girl)
- Gate, while the first season ended abruptly, I found the open ending of the second season fitting and fullfilling
- Clannad, even though a different ending would've been okay too
- Angel Beats!, same as above but reversed
- Re Zero, not really an ending but they closed an entire arc without leaving too many tedious cliffhangers

k2156375

Novize
Code Geass R2. And whatever we're talking about the ending shown in the anime or the 'true' ending from internet theories, it was the best.
It really matched entire Lelouch character and mirrored his previous actions perfectly. If he stayed as an absolute ruler it wouldn't be as good as it actually was.

Seraxm

Novize
It is difficult to choose a recent one, I do not repeat Clannad, Anohana or Code Geas, I go to Gintama 28, to see the whole story, what we live with the Shogun and that there is not much for Gintama ....: /, Which represents her, but Samurai heart too.

deepfountain

Ungläubiger
To me, Pupa did.
Although it was such a short series with very short episodes and didn't tell much of a story, its ending was still the best.
Because...

Its ending was the only one I know that went beyond my comprehension.:crying:

Petpunk

Gläubiger
I go with code geass because the "unfriendly" ending, everything resolved in a meaninful way and I loved it.

Amaducias

Gläubiger
Like so many people I think Code Geass R2 had one of the best endings. Mostly because it was a very logical ending. It's very similar to Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

Suin238

Gläubiger
I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best, but I was recently impressed with the ending of White Album 2. It did a number of things I've never seen before in anime, and it came together in a very cohesive and painful way.

Oben