[Frage] Which video quality you choose to watch a series? Why?

i509

Ungläubiger
[QUOTE = "hamanotaiki89, post: 1795496, member: 253 376"] I always watch in 720p since my laptop can only handle did much
Which one (360p / 480p / 720p / 1080p) do you choose and why? [/ QUOTE]

Personally I'll try to find a 1080p bluray rip. If that isn't available then a 720p bluray rip is fine.

Codec does not matter as long as it is well encoded H264 (AVC)/HEVC.

I do encode my own video as well (HEVC), from experience I usually find the largest source possible at the highest quality (Including audio) which can be anywhere from 8GB all the way to 200GB.

Klil

Gläubiger
1080p simply because it's the highest quality I choose to torrent in and the file sizes aren't too bad although I will seek out bluray rips if I really like the series

Petpunk

Gläubiger
I can't stand less than 720p...but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the rip is awful anyway, I've seen horrible 1080p videos and pretty decent 480p ones.

Julian1203

Gottheit
The higher, the better. The problem is rather that my internet connection is only 2Mbit/s which is why I sometimes prefer lower resolutions because of less loading time[DOUBLEPOST=1471046598][/DOUBLEPOST]But according to Telekom support we should reach speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s by the end of Februray 2017 but until then I have to suffer :( I already checked all alternatives: LTE is not available (only EDGE), DSL over satellite: high ping and the providers have very bad ratings because they are reaching way less speed than they claim

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Suin238

Gläubiger
I also choose the highest available. Disk space and internet speed is no issue to me, so there's no reason to punish myself with LQ.

720p with seasonal anime airing. 1080 if there are blurays. But I tend to avoid the ones with 5.1 audio because I use headphones and sometimes the voice audio track can't be downsampled/mapped to stereo.

ota-Q

Philanthrop
Otaku Veteran
I used to go for the highest quality I could find.
Nowadays I pretty much only watch animes on my PSvita on my way to school and back, so I switched to 480p.
For most animes there is basically no difference since the high definition adds very little to the experience, though there are exceptions.

Angelox

Novize
1080p, but if the art style and animation aren't too detailed in the first place, I can live with lower resolutions too.

Falconone

Gläubiger
I have no problem with 480p but that is because I started long time ago. But for editing I need the best source I can get.

Oben