How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Kubar

Novize
Reading and writing is no problem.. just a matter of practising, really. Spoken English is a lot harder though.. I tend do babble gibberish after some time, or just talk very slowly to prevent any severe mistakes.. which happen anyway. Funniest thing is mixing German words in by accident.

Hentai Master

Alte Schule!
The spoken word might be difficult for me since its been ages I've had a conversation that way but the typed words well it's no big deal anymore infact I've become pretty decent in this department so I voted with "good", should be enough for me. After all its not a native language to me but practice improves almost everything.

ggeht

Novize
Since I am flying to Australia on Saturday, my English is an important factor.
I think the voyage will help me to improve it even more.

For me there is no difference between spoken English oder written English.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
Teammitglied
SMods
Since I am flying to Australia on Saturday, my English is an important factor.
I think the voyage will help me to improve it even more.

For me there is no difference between spoken English oder written English.
oh my, if you are flying to Australia why do you talk about a voyage, because a voyage is a sea passage (by ship)? What you mean is a flight (Flug) or a journey (Reise)...

Hakurei Reimu

Ordenspriester
I understand English very well but I have problems speaking it. I am too shy to speak English because I am afraid to make mistakes.

Apollo__1

Scriptor
Well, I think my english is very good. I had very good teachers in school, so it was easy for me to learn the language. I've read some novels in english and also read some Manga in englisch because they are not available with a german translation. In addition I watch a bunch of series in english. These things have also increased my skill level. So I can write in english and understand english without a problem, but if I have to speak english, I have problems to do it properly.

I would say my english is very decent. If I haven't talked english for a while my pronounciation is kind of rusty, but as soon as I use it more often like talk with britians or americans on teamspeak, etc. Iam getting better again. I think this is the Problem when english isn't your native language.

Neko_

Gottheit
My english is not the yellow of the egg. Okay, just kidding. I understand english very good, talking and writing is also good. I wouldn't get stuck if I have to talk in english, even if I make one or two mistakes.

bchl

Novize
good enough to survive any kind of conversations. Usually no problem at all to the US English speakers but timewise some minor issues with Brits or even with Irish/Scottish people :-D

medi

Exarch
Reading/writing is no problem (but i make still some small mistakes from time to time). Speaking is problematic - i'm afraid of making big mistakes then :( But it's quite good if i'm not extremely nervous i think.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
Teammitglied
SMods
Honestly english is learning by doing, the more you do it the more you learn. Just try to watch more TV broadcasting with english language just like BBC or CNN to become more familiar with it. In case you run into unknown phrases or vocabulary please don´t hesitate to check sites like http://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/to.html to get the meaning. And perhaps try to join one or even more websites where english is the forum language, just read what other users have written, try to understand it and try to reply to discussion threads as good as you can, getting involved in conversation will help you to improve your english language ability step by step. You just have to take the courage to do it...

I myself once was forced to do a lot of office correspondence and emails in english language with customers all across the world, that helped me to improve my english a real lot...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Kyoko Kuchiki

Gottheit
Yes, i know, once time i will go to journey, english is important for conversation.At the moment i study english myself and refresh.Sometimes i meet my Japanese Friends and talk with them, is a good practice for me.Thanks for your tip ! :sweet:

Oben