How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer
I have to read a lot of english literature and sit through lectures that are completely in english at university, that benefits my english skills. I have no problems with conversations in english, I do prefer movies with german synronisation but I regularly watch some shows in english because I want to watch them the same day they air in the US. Also, websites like reddit or 4chan require english.

Right now I´m reading the VN of fate/stay night, I couldn´t find a german translation so I grabbed the english one and I definetly like it, it´s easy to understand and I can read it quite fast.

Noahha

Novize
I did read all 5 books of "A Song of Ice and Fire" (more popular as "A Game of Thrones" right now) without much of a problem, so I am quite confident in understanding written English, however I have a lot of trouble with heavy dialects, like Texan for example. That's not limited to English though, even for Bavarian I need these few extra seconds to understand what was actually said - pretty awkward in conversations.

Another problem for me is formulating decent English sentences. While I do eventually get there, it just takes too much time for me to do it on-the-fly, but atleast my pronounciation always has been praised in school/by native English speakers, my accent should be quite subtle.

Blub776

Gläubiger
My English is not bad at all. I enjoy reading english books and even if I don't understand every single word often have a feeling what it could mean in this case.
English was one of my favourites in school too. At least in the last years.

BDXL

Novize
My English skills are good enough. I do understand most of the things that I read and hear. Speaking isn't a problem either and writing is easy for me. I'm basically on English web pages every single day and communicating in English, too. Just school English though! I never been to UK or America to learn English in a truly English country.

Heck; English is easier than German :P.

izzze

Novize
well after a few visits in the states and by watching mostly all movies and tv series in englisch i can definitely say that my english is very good. watching tv series in english is in my opinion the fastest and most interesting way to improve the personal english skills very fast.

and yes it is probably one of the the easiest langugages to learn. btw i have experiences in german, french, chinese, japanese and spanish.

vibowros

Novize
After a few sitcoms it's easy to hear and understand the language. But grammatically its very hard for me^^. I will need much more time to learn... especially for a job i'll need it...

Endiro

Novize
In most cases I can understand english, whether it is verbally or in textual form.
I have some difficulties when it comes to speaking or writing. Mostly grammar or vocabulary issues.

WhiteTerror

Novize
My english it´s ok, i have only a little bit problems with grammar because it´s difficult. General english is a easy language. And if i hear english music or play videogames, i revised my english.
OK that´s all for today

yours faithfully Terror

Capcom

Scriptor
I'd say decent enough. I know my reading/writing skills are better than speaking, simply because I very rarely get someone to talk to in English. It's like my mind can't keep up with my mouth and I have to focus on what I want to say and how to pronounce it in order to make a proper sentence without an accent. I doesn't feel natural yet as there's still a translation process going on in my head.

Or how Lothar Matthäus used to say: "Mai engrish is not veri gud. Mai german is beddah!"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben