How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Windfury

Novize
I pretty much have no problems with using English.
I use it to communicate with just about everyone, even though it's just my second language.

Lanu

Scriptor
Guten Tag!
Good - Day!

Ich sprechen gut Englisch, da ich sprechen gut Deutsch.
I speaking good english, because I speaking good german.

*laughs* No... just joking.

I think I can understand English very well.
But talking or in my case... writing in English is another Story.
I think I'm able to make myself understandable, but I hope that I will never meet a Grammar-Freak in discussions.
I dislike these People and their harsh behaviors. ( already in German-speaking forums)

If you want learn this language and have already a basic vocabulary, I think you should visit international oriented Roleplays or Events in virtual worlds or games.
For myself, when I'm in Second Life, it doesn't took really long and my sense for sentences improving again.
But if I'm to lazy and away, I forget the most stuff again and sadly... so fast, as it came.

But my Tips are the Linguee Vocabulary (to translate words and see them in action) and for all words you already translated to often and don't get into your brain: Anki. (the best Tool and Method to improve you Vocabulary for a longer term)

Kleevinar

Scriptor
Well, I think my knowledge of my English is only enough to understand me, but I know there isn´t the word "goodly" as adverb. For example: "I speak English very well". But I have to admit that I have done this mistake repeatedly and I still do this kind of mistakes.
At the moment I am translating one of my fanfictions from German in English and when I read to find mistakes, I often think "Oh my god, I have written this text so badly!"

Tokyo-Ghoul

Ordensbruder
my englisch is like Genglish...ken yu tel mi haw i wrette englash raght? I dant knaw grommar!

My grammar is worst ever. :redcard: I think i have to live for a while in Britian or Australia or America. And often i use false words or build sentences wrong.
If i talk with other persons or using a text chat.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Fohley

Scriptor
I hope my english is good enough to be understandable. I was abroad in africa for a month and had nearly zero problems to understand the ugandian-english and to speak with the persons there.

Oben