the "right" language

I prefer to speak ... your native language.
Yeah, it's kinda crazy ... I mean everybody is happy, if I speak their native language.

If you're German and make vacation in France. Who speak German or English? You will be happy, if I'm chatting in German.
If I meet a Frenchman, I will talk in French. I know Frenchman very like to talk in their native language. The same for Japanese and Korean.

The language I like the most is English, because it's:
- simple: I don't care about grammar. I'm just writing on impulse.
- world's language: Every country speak English - The world speak English
- simple to use in other language: I use english words in German. It's not really hard to understand, because everybody speak English. I like to use English in French ^^ You know French is hard and there are much vocabularies to learn.

Aquifel

Novize
Im only really competent in either English or Spanish, and honestly, even with people who speak spanish, i rarely get to use it, because even though my vocabulary is pretty good, my accent is horrible, so we end up speaking english anyways.

lutic

Novize
so many topics about the languages ​​...))
I think the best language is Japanese.
This language is so fantastic.
I can't describe it.
good joke...))))))))))))))))

best language - the native language!
English - not bad and easy enough to learn
German- everything is more complicated (especially grammar)
Russian - hard to say because I know him since childhood (although it is not my native language)

biohrd

Stamm User
Agh. I prefer English, because it's worldwide. The second is Polish. Why? I love when people from other countries try to say words with letters like "ąśćżź" xD

Palp

Novize
I know primarily English and Swedish, and a bit of german. And for me I prefear English, not sure why, maybe that I type and speak it so much online. Not that I have anything against german, its an excellent language.

Lightning Streak

Otakuholic
Otaku Veteran
uhm i have to say english is my favourite language too. i realy like to speak in english with other people it sounds nice and its not as
hm let me say dumb as german ^^

my only problem are the scentence marks and some grammar is missing too for beeing able to wirte it all the way right ^^

Kimbi

Ordensbruder
ut oh, i am shoked!!!

as first, english became my favorit language throug the last past years! in some posts i seen sentences like: english should not be used for poetry, im puzzled, Why? its having the way better flow if words and feelings.

as for my part, i am a paragraph roleplayer, in english and german and at least i can express myself way better in english as in german. english is a warm caring language while i think german is colder, more busibesslike straight.

if ya find typos they are yours to be held warm and to be loved and cuddled. i promise i will not ask em back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Nighthawk-

Scriptor
Well it really depends on what I need to use that language for.

Numbers for example are plain stupid in French (71 = sixty-eleven, 98 = four-twenty-eighteen, yeah thats what they say in France)
and when I moved to Germany, I mistook numbers sometimes at the beginning because they speak the last two digits of a number in a different order
(1287 = one thousand-two hundred-seven-and-eighty).
So whenever I "talk" numbers inside my head, I do so in Spanish, my native language. English works the same way, so it should be no problem.

Regarding that whole "world language" thing, I'm very glad that German did NOT become that (by one friggin vote),
since, even though I like it, German is a difficult language to learn.
English surely was the best possible option since it's a very simple and easily understandable language, though pronunciation causes problems.
Chinese would have been the worst choice, but I don't think I need to sum up why. Also, it sounds stupid to me.

People here and there tend to say, French sounds "gay". I must admit that to me, it sounds sometimes pretty stupid but also kind of sexy.
French people tend to use exactly the same pronounciation they have for every other language, no matter what... and if that doesn't sound funny,
it just gets annoying.

Italian... well... I should rather say Italian people (the ones I know at least) sound pretty loud and excited when talking.
When using a more calm tone, it sounds close to Spanish, which I like pretty much.

German is the language I speak best at the moment. It's somewhat more complex than others and more confined by rules,
but it's great for accurately expressing what you want to say. Regarding Poetry, I don't know any other language that even touches the German level.
The pronounciation is a bit... uh... strong though.

I don't like every Spanish slang, though I admit that they all sound sexy when picking a more calm tone.
What we talk like in Argentina is very fast, sounds rude and undiciplined.
On the other hand, it's like everything's cool, no matter if you're talking to your boss or anything.
Most other slangs are fine too, but the slang in Spain is what people in Argentina dislike/make fun of.
It sounds more formal but also totally overexaggerated and sometimes childish to us.

I don't understand that much Portugese, but it sounds pretty funny to me.

And Japanese? Well, I still need to learn that, but I already like how it sounds pretty much,
though sometimes it seems like the pronounciation of words is exaggerated.

TL;DR: I dont have an absolute favorite.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
my favorite language is japanese eventhough i dont speak it, i guess the reason is because i became used to hearing it from all the animes i have watched

Vect

Novize
I'm from latinamerica so I speak spanish, and it's a nice language but tends to be constantly deformed by not so well educated persons (and here are a lot :D) not that I even dominate it properly... it's big, but not as big as the German one.

Spanish tends to be sometimes elitist, I know a couple of friends that say that English is no competence at all for Spanish, but being honest, languages are not for competition but for passing ideas onto another person.

Now... I like a lot english because it allows me to interact with a far wider public than other languages, and doesn't have a lot of nonsensical things that other languages do, it's simpler also.

German sounds potent, as any other nordic language, that's what I like about it, also I went to Germany for 1.5 years, and it was a quite nice place to stay :D

c.p.f

Ungläubiger
favourite language is english...as i'm english any way and don't speak any other, it's a no brainer

i googled the most popular spoken language and english is 2nd most popular @ 508million
the most popular is mandarin 1billion+
as you can see i don't have nothing better to do at this point in time :twirly:

Can only speak English, but in terms of the ones I'd like to speak if, you know, MAGIC:

1. English - the language of my countrymen!
2. Japanese - the language of hotblooded courage!
3. German - the language of the economically sensible, or so I've heard
4. Chinese - the language of our future overlords

Oben