the "right" language

MakubaX

Sakurazuka Mori
VIP
German is very difficult, because that language has words for everything.
Cantonese and mandarin very strong to learn. Yes, I talk about chinese.

I can speak german, french and english.
Mandarin is maybe the next language where I want to learn.
But first I'll learn perfect english ^^°

Zero

Chief 0perating 0fficer
Teammitglied
Admin
japanese isn't that complicated.
the grammar is not that complicated and the vocabulary is easy too.
if one's not too lazy to learn the vocabulary.
The only thing that's a bit complicated is at to learn the 2 wiriting-systems at the beginning.
The only thing thats a little bit more complicated are the kanji. (the imported signs from china)
But when you've learned the first 2k - 3k kanji the rest isn't that much a problem ^^

@Maku:
u really want to learn mandarin? cool.
at first i had to master japanese. After that i can think about learning japanese.
>>Mandarin is maybe the next language where I want to learn. <<
--> Maybe Madarin is the next language which I want to learn
(ah sry, the teacher within me went loose ^^")

I should be able to read, write and speak: German, English, French, Japanese.
Spanish isn't that much different from French, but i'm not able to speak it. Only reading ^^"

MakubaX

Sakurazuka Mori
VIP
Don't worry... thank you for correction my sentence.
Besides, I never see you write something in french ;P

About Mandarin... Many people speak this language, maybe to many ^^°

Zero

Chief 0perating 0fficer
Teammitglied
Admin
Don't worry... thank you for correction my sentence.
no problem ^^
Besides, I never see you write something in french ;P
in this question the pronaunciation lies on should ;P
after i've finished all the courses i had to take this language i vorgot nearly everything ^^"
i only have left the few basics, which are needet to tell the baker what exactly i intented to buy ^^
but i don't like this language...
Je déteste cette langage.

About Mandarin... Many people speak this language, maybe to many ^^°
yeah, that's right.
too many? yeah, maybe. But it's not that wrong to learn mandarin.
At least you can than go to China and talk to a few people - if they want to talk.

Aquila

Ordenspriester
Well... in my opinion English is the best language :D

Okay, im German... but hey, my marks in English are better than mine in german :D

rjroy

Novize
My top 3 favorite:

1.) English
I like the sound of it - it's not as rigid as "real German".
Talking in English somehow allows me to speak about things I couldn't speak about as easily in German.
When watching TV shows which were originally written in English (all the good ones) there are no jokes lost due to translation from one language to another.
Sentences/Words tend to be shorter than German ones.
Grammar is not that difficult to learn.
I kind of grew up with it - computers and the internet.

2.) German
My mother language, so there's that.
When comparing words, there are some similarities to their English counterpart.

3.) Dutch
It's grammar and words actually sound pretty similar to German ones.
I like the Netherlands :)

My least favorite:

French
Sounds... "douchey" to me.
Awfully difficult Grammar (afaik)
Áccênts.
I don't like France (no offense)

Anyway, I hope I am not offending anybody with this post ;)

lone-tiger

Otaku Elite
Otaku Veteran
My favorite language? German, because it's my mother tongue.
But for some sarcastic expressions I prefer English. :) Yeah, I watched to much sitcoms, I know.

Jenna

Novize
english is nowadays a good language, because u can use it nearly everywhere and instead of the idea of 'esperanzo', we're now using english as the main language!
Its not bad, but somehow i would prefer other... in each case:

for example like this!

Turkish and many other oriental languages are orientated on a more metaphor based speaking!
The phrases are object and thought based. As a contrast: english and german are more structure based!
But I'm talking about fluent and easy speaking, not the literature!

I also prefer french, while talking about romantic stuff :onegai:

Clockw0rk

Ungläubiger
I tend to prefer English in terms of writing and adaptability because it feels so.. flexible. It has fewer special characters and accents than many of the other 'roman' languages, and new words seem to spring up on a regular basis in forms of re-purposing old words or splicing together portions of existing words.

I will say though there is a wonderful allure to the Japanese languages and eastern characters in general; but it seems to be difficult to adapt the number of characters to practical keyboard layouts without a series of modifier keys. Complex characters made up of many strokes seems more artistic.

German and Russian are both excellent sounding languages though. There are many 'hard' sounds which make them come across as very assertive with the right tone. I think that sort of language structure lends itself very well to inspiring speeches and angry rants; which everyone needs once in a while.

Despite the problems with English, sometimes difficult pronunciation and words with multiple or evolving meanings, I think the language of the future might have a strong English foundation with words taken from many other languages. A sort of 'pigeon soup' for the information age where a blend of words from different origins is necessary to convey the proper meaning.

nihilizt

Otakuholic
Otaku Veteran
i do preffer german at all. because it is both: complex and exactly at the same time. and its as lesser polysemous as english...
and different to english, it is more friendly to create new word buildungs,
so you can put two words together, say it and everybody knows what it does meaning.

hm i dont really know more langs, but i do like dutch and scandinavian languages too.

at the end: theres not really a "the right language"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben