What makes a HENTAI GAME?

grockts

Gläubiger
GAME is the Key

Story is nice, but a story is NOT a GAME. When I think GAME I look for INTERACTION, CHOICES and such. They make an CG comic and will call that a GAME. I DISAGREE. A GAME is where you can WIN or LOSE, not simply where you page forward from beginning to end. I started this thread to point out all the things that are advertised as a GAME but fall far short of ANYTHING I would call an ACTUAL GAME.
A lot of the posts I see here are about CONTENT rather than how it is used.

If it is called a GAME, you should be able to PLAY IT, not simply page thru it.
Give me a series of choices, let me decide the outcome, and most of all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not put me to sleep by having to page thru endless screens of dialogue.

Jenna

Novize
i once played brave soul...
I think they made it pretty good, because all these games in which u can take one of different sentences, so the whole game is only read &choose... wow, how boring!

If they would make this brave soul in a way like final fantasy... oh god, this would be sooooo awesome and an incredible hentai game xD

For me, the girls make the H-game. I mean, you can have nice gameplay/storyline, but in the end, you're really there for the girls.

johnmango

Novize
I think it is only a game when you personally have some action to make, not just clicking next and options until it continues.

Windfury

Novize
Gameplay, story, good conversations.
A challenge, all those stuffs that make you wait until you can get your reward.
Good looking art and (animation more so, if it applies) of course.

Interactive games are fun and visual novels with good story is nice so yeah. Combining them you get an awesome game. Of course the girls need to be hot in order to fulfill your excitement ^^

H-Game is a videogame that has some 2d graphical sex scenes or nudity in it.
In my opinion, its in the category of videogames with sex story, but really, its not very well defined.
In the end, you are pretty much sold on the graphical content, and then the story and gameplay comes later.

pocky12345

Gläubiger
I think the word "visual novel" is more suitable than "game". just click and answer only some questions, which affect the path of story. I don't think it is interactive enough to be called game.

mistermano

Gläubiger
Looking at current eroge, it's really hard to call them so. Most of the time, either the sex is result of damage or a reward for going through the story. The actual sex is hardly a game mechanic and, when it is (like in most Illusion games), you hardly need to do a thing (which I can understand, since you usually only have 1 hand to play).

I think we really need something new and different. The problem usually is that we don't want to focus on problem solving with a hand on our dick.

Oben