[Frage] Your Native Language Dub vs Native Language Sub Anime

For me, Native Dub feels more natural
But I prefer English sub even though not a native speaker
Helps me learn English and widely available
What about you?

Sciency

Gläubiger
I prefer JapDub, too. Compared to other countries german dubs are of a good quality, but still not even close to the original. They lack emotion most of the time and you can hear that the voice actors are uncomfortable with the text. As if they'd be ashamed of speaking it out loud. Since I'm talking enough in english on Facebook and Teamspeak, I use german subs.

Klil

Gläubiger
I prefer the Japanese dubs over the English dubs of anime because the English dubs lack almost all of the energy brought out by the Japanese VAs but some are tolerable in my native language like FMA and DBZ.

Crilow

Gläubiger
i definitely prefer JapDub with eng sub first of all to learn some english while watchin animes and i dont know why but i totaly hate my native lenguage dubs i dont like the voices at all.

Klil

Gläubiger
Hey. So long as english translated exclusives keep getting put out here I'll be here (even if this part of the site is the part I can make sense of :P)

Petpunk

Gläubiger
I agree with Capote, the spanish dubs are pretty decent (both the official and fanmade ones), but I'd pick japanese anyday.

Fischlord

Gläubiger
german dubs are actually fairly good from what i´ve seen, but i still go for the japanese dub whenever possible
the japanese dub just sounds more natural most of the time

KrayZ33

Gläubiger
I have to disagree, I really dislike german dubs for anime series, Movies are fine and often even good, but lower quality shows (like Naruto for example) are barely watchable in german.

I use subs 99,5% of the time.

Julian1203

Gottheit
I mostly watch anime with either eng sub or ger sub. Eng sub mainly for anime that are airing right now coz the eng sub is usually available faster than ger sub.

ota-Q

Philanthrop
Otaku Veteran
I used to watch mostly sub (ger or eng, didn't really matter), but now I've switched to dub, mainly because I started watching animes on my PSvita, where subs are a bit uncomfortable. I've generalized this by now so that I almost only watch dubs now, the reason being that I'd rather miss a bit of the story than a bit of good animation. Furthermore, in many animes the non-japanese voices just fit better, at least in my opinion.

Well, for the shows I watched as a kid I prefer the dubbed version, as I feel weird listening to the japanese version (even when 100% of the times is better). Nostalgia wins there.
For the rest: Jap with eng subs.

Oben