[Frage] Your Native Language Dub vs Native Language Sub Anime

Flyingsky

Novize
I mostly watch english subbed anime, because I'm pretty much always speaking english, and I'm used to it.
It's almost easier than german to be honest haha.
Another upside is that you can find even licensed animes with relative ease as opposed to german subs of licensed animes.
I don't really like english/german dubbed animes at all, because for me it's unnatural, but i guess that depends on what you watch first, when I read what joseff said.
I also like to watch anime with japanese subs, for learning purposes. If you encounter a word you don't know, you just can open the sub file in a texteditor, copy it and search for it in a dictionary. (Well given that you don't know how to write it after hearing it.

My post got a little out of hand...
tl;dr: I watch mostly english sub + japanese dub.

Suin238

Gläubiger
Japanese dub with English sub. After so long watching anime, I need to hear the Japanese words to get the full meaning. The westernization usually loses some.

Klil

Gläubiger
Japanese dub with English sub. After so long watching anime, I need to hear the Japanese words to get the full meaning. The westernization usually loses some.
Have you ever watched the English dub to see the differences? I do from time to time with some of the newer anime that's on Toonami like Gundam and OP Man

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
Teammitglied
SMods
Have you ever watched the English dub to see the differences? I do from time to time with some of the newer anime that's on Toonami like Gundam and OP Man
Ah, using your eyes to see a dub? Normally I use my ears because you only can hear it...

moriarty08

Gläubiger
Native dubs would be german for me. And there isn't really any german dubbed anime. I go for japanese dubs, english subs. Plays on words and things specific to the japanese language are lost in translation (lol).

the only anime i watched in english dub is dragon ball. and i actually find that one much better than the japanese one, goku's voice is really weird in the jap one. and sub always english since my english reading is quite good, and native sub isnt that widely available

zhane

Gläubiger
It's not that bad, it just feel out of place. If you watch some American Cartoon ex: avatar, or even sponge bob, they do good job voice over it.
It might be different in culture and setting.

Oben