[Diskussion] PokemonGO

Clown ReeD

Gläubiger
I tried to get into it when the game came out. However, I live in a somewhat remote little town, which directly influences the variety of Pokemon that spawn. Less population in the area and all you get are pidgeys, weedles and the like. I would have needed to drive 20km to the next big city if I wanted to get more Pokemon variety. Not being on the hype train enough for a commitment like that, I simply dropped it then and there. I'm sure, had I been able to get proper Pokemon where I live, I would have played longer than the 3 weeks I did. But alas, that is simply not how the game works.

qaws4

Novize
I never jumped on the bandwagon with this. The game seemed to repetitive for me. Catching the same pokemons over and over again for candy to level up. Doing the same stuff over and over again. Also seems to have caught on in the US way more than here in the Netherlands.

vitor323

Gläubiger
Played it for 2 weeks, the hype was to hight so i started playing, bud did't like walking miles to find no pokemons(my region sucks), so i stoped. Today it must be almost dead(fells bad).

Tabula42

Gläubiger
They blocked many phones which killed most the player base (not including children) in an attempt to stop cheaters, even though cheaters use computer bots not phone.

I occasionally get it to work on my phone but the hype has died by now, the winter update got a few peoples interest for a while over Christmas and it looks like they are pushing out gen 2 at some point in the future. But I think the fact that it's basically an early access re-skin of their older game, has done them no good.

Many people wanted trainer battle and trading like they advertised which should have all been released last year, but we still don't have them so I think many people have just got bored now that the hype has died because there's really nothing to do in the game.

Miharu_Yuki

Otakuholic
Otaku Veteran
Right now people I known don't play this game anymore. I'm never play this game yet. game itself already dead?
I don't think so. The hype might be over, but now only true fans are playing it.. I still enjoy it and the new features are actually pretty nice. You can now hatch baby pokemon like togepi! sooo cute ^-^

Miharu_Yuki

Otakuholic
Otaku Veteran
Well... I wanna try someday. too bad I need to update my phone 1st.
well yes, you need the right updates and not every phone is compatible for this game..but it's pretty fun, when you like to hang outside and walk alot xD bcs you really have to walk alot >.< playing the game in summer is more fun to be honest..

raidnoir

Novize
The problem i have with Pokemon Go was also discussed in "EXtra Credits" where you have a LARGE amount of downtime with nothing to do.

It was fun for me for a few days since a lot were comparing what they caught but then reality hits you that "that" is the only thing that you can do with the game, if you don't plan to capturing gyms and such then it is just collecting.

If only they had PVP at the start and trading and maybe a bit of a story then a lot would still be playing it

Miharu_Yuki

Otakuholic
Otaku Veteran
The problem i have with Pokemon Go was also discussed in "EXtra Credits" where you have a LARGE amount of downtime with nothing to do.

It was fun for me for a few days since a lot were comparing what they caught but then reality hits you that "that" is the only thing that you can do with the game, if you don't plan to capturing gyms and such then it is just collecting.

If only they had PVP at the start and trading and maybe a bit of a story then a lot would still be playing it
I think a lot are still playing it, they just dont go around like: oh hey look I am still playing it & bla... here in germany, there are really many players left, die gyms got another colour all the time (meaning, another team wins over the arena) and new features are getting its way into the game :) though I also still wait for the trading option.. but there at least a few new pokemon available

Oben