[Diskussion] What do you think about Ecchi?

relyt

Gläubiger
I think ecchi can be as good as hentai. More artists seem to draw ecchi so it has alot more pictures with great quality. Also it has it own sense of eroticism since it leaves things to the imagination.

csubakka

Novize
Of course I like ecchi.
Also, is To Love-Ru really an ecchi Anime?
There are a few scene strongly implying that it is.

YuukoXD

Novize
Before, I thought of ecchi as dumb, but now, I guess I'm fine with it.

Maybe because I watch / read a lot of hentai anime / manga.

I also agree that the drawings of ecchi animes are better than most hentai.

Windfury

Novize
Plenty of shows have ecchi in them. Most of the ones I've seen have a pretty decent story.
And yes, most of them are drawn really well.

Nowadays most of the animes are ecchi which are supposed to be normal. Anime which are borderline hentai are extreme ecchi and in imo should be hentai from the beginning

Same here. Doing a good Echhi is hard, thats way you good either way fully hentai or normal anime story.
My favorite had been My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute (japanese name: Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai).

Aeon525

He who doesn't care
Otaku Veteran
Ecchi will be the nail in the coffin of the anime genre.
Anime were always looked at with wonder and distrust.
Especially adults have problems in seeing mature content (Story and Genre) in a "cartoon".
After the Ghilbi-Movies were a huge success on the western market however things seemed to change.

Now everything goes downhill again.
Like a plague Ecchi is ruining season after season, destroying promising plot ideas and ridiculing the Anime genre itself.
What once was accepted as decent, even if strange, hobby is now seen as disgusting, overly sexual softpr0n for creeps and wierdos.

Ecchi offers nothing but cheap satisfaction for a dumb male audience.
The comedy it is usually paired with is so bad that it is actually painful to watch. (DxD, Dakara Boku wa, and so on)
Some years ago the word "anime" let people think of cool action (Dragonball) and good storylines and visuals (Ghilbi). Nowadays most people think of oversized breasts and dumb-as-bread male lead-characters.)
It really is a shame.

I turned my eye more towards the Mangas over the years (Manwhas are getting more and more interest as well)
Bad Animes fill 90% of the season and even good Mangas get ruined in the animation progress.
Anime is almost dead.

Oben