[Diskussion] What do you think about Ecchi?

moonlightwing

Gläubiger
Like many here I do not only know Ecchi I also am a huge fan of it - as long as we are talking about pictures.
Ecchi-pics usually are drawn more vivid and colorfull compared to their H-companions. They furthermore don't urge your 8 year old brothers to ask your parents why you are viewing naked people on your Laptop - a huge plus ;)

BUT - I have to admit I came to despise ecchi-anime. The drawings show the same positive points, but... that's it. The story is simple if present, the comedy aspects usually are as boring as the protagonists and the protagonists usually are... flat. Kinda sad, since an overall improvement of characters and story would make Ecchi pretty much the best genre to find - at least as far as I am concerned.

CeFoWn

Novize
Only think I watch back in the day but know I rarely touch that stuff. I had my mouthful with it..
The best anime I got out of it was Green Green.. Good f?cking memories! :)

Suin238

Gläubiger
Ecchi is just way overused, no subtlety.

In Bakuman (anime about making manga), they required a manga to have 3 panty shots per chapter in order to appeal to their audience. It's not artful when they're forcing it in like that.

Klil

Gläubiger
Most don't care for it but the ecchi in Fairy Tail is fine to me because at this point it's basically woven into the story. So ecchi is fine in my opinion so long as it doesn't take away from the story or give me the impression that it is. Outside of that it's just cringeworthy and a waste of a page and or panel.

Well, I don't particularly like ecchi, as to me is just a tease. If you are going for that just make a +18 version with a good plot and characters. Just think about those great artists that made incredible and erotic drawings for their main series and if you happen to read a doujinshi of that can be disapointing as the quality tends to be less than par (because in general is another author making those)

zhane

Gläubiger
In my earliest time watching anime and reading manga, i found ecchi theme is appealing. now i just never much bothered by it.

panzain

Novize
Personally, ecchi is nice and can add to a show like comedy and such, plus it's just nice eye candy overall. Too much, and it's too bland and common place to enjoy.

mantra2

Novize
overall i like echhi and it is a reason why i pick up certain series, but there are things which i really dislike for example, when a boy falls on the floor and always grabs the girls breasts by mistake.. really stupid imo.

Oben