[Frage] Which video quality you choose to watch a series? Why?

Seraxm

Novize
My best option is to choose 720p, but there are animes that are at 480 or lower, anime from the 90's.
Has anyone seen anime at 4k ?, I see that we all go for 720 and 1080.
I will wait for the virtual immersion to see anime haha

Suin238

Gläubiger
File size is of no concern to me. I go for the highest quality I can find. Sub quality is just as important though.

i0ioi

Novize
720p is the universal one

Some 1080p versions which are a little "weird" are too hard to play on smartphones....

Loooser

Prophet
Mostly i look for 720p Files. On my small TV the 1080p Quality is in my Eyes not worth the much bigger Filesizes.
Maybe with a bigger Screen i switch to 1080p or greater, but not now.

Well if it's seasonal 720p. If it's not dubbed, then subs are prioritized above all else.
If a given show has finished airing I'll grab a 1080p encode, surely not bit-starved.
And then if I actually like the series I insta grab the BDMV.

Archival is priority numba one.

I always go for the best quality because why not. The sice difference is not that big and hard drives are not that expensive, so space is not the limiting factor.

test393

Gläubiger
I always go for the best quality because why not. The sice difference is not that big and hard drives are not that expensive, so space is not the limiting factor.
It depends... drives over 8 TB are still expensive ;) If you are talking about downloading.
But you are right speaking of streaming, i am watching series in 4k if possible. But with corona the bandwidth is throttled down for netflix, prime etc.

Achoron

Novize
Whenever I see a series, I try to watch it in the original format that it was released. If a blu-ray edition comes out or a remastered edition comes out, I switch to that. Preferably though, 1080p if on wifi or 720p if I'm on mobile so not to burn so much data.

Oben