[Frage] Would you rewatch a series after the Bluray came out?

Tabula42

Gläubiger
I'd say it depends on the difference in quality or if there was censorship. Since many studios just rush out an anime to fit the schedule, then go back over it and redraw in better detail for the blu-ray. Same goes for censorship, some anime have terrible black bars that can sometimes cover half the screen. So if the tv version is like that, then I'll either wait for the blu-ray, or rewatch it when blu-ray comes out.

Apfel90

Novize
When it comes to gory shows, if the tv version is heavily censored to the point of just turning the screen black, i wouldn't even bother with it until the bd comes out. Ecchi anime usually just take out nipples which i really don't mind. That one pink dot won't take away from the experience and really isn't woth a rewatch either, i don't watch a lot of ecchi though anyway. Same goes for "normal" shows that were just redrawn.

I usually do rewatch titles I already watched on weekly releases, but not immediately. Usually I rewatch them at least a few months after or years after, depending on the anime. Some anime are easily rewatchable in a short time frame like Nichijou, Zetsubou-sensei and Mitsudomoe, while some stuffs are best left sealed in a long time before being worthy of a good rewatch like Code Geass, True Tears, some Gundam titles.

I also intentionally don't watch ongoing titles which are in the "low priority" and just watch it months after when the blu-ray comes out to avoid redundancy.

Depends on the series and the quality i watched it before, also if it was cut and now is uncut, and if i liked it a lot.
I totally watch some series again later even without the quality boost of Blueray, if i liked it and feel like it!
Same with movies, just that a series eats a lot more of my time !

Achoron

Novize
I wouldn't really re-watch a series after it's BD release unless they added or uncut the content. The main reason people purchase BD disks is usually for the extra OVA episodes they include.

index42

Novize
I'll often wait for the BD or 1080p release in general. I rarly consider series / animes rewatchable.
There are some exceptions ofc. :3 (like steins;gate or ngnl)

Moonchaser1

Novize
I would but only if there could be additional content such as little extra episodes. Weddings, future families, Onsen episodes, etc. Some animes have them alright, some should have had them to close the circle in my honest opinion.

Teekanne

Novize
Depends on the release.
As long as it is remastered/has a better quality, I might give it a rewatch.
However, if it's an uncut release, I will rewatch it 100%.

Oben