How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Nick2Shy

Scriptor
I speak english quite well, I think. I mean, I do need it for my job 'cause I have to deal with a lot of tourists.
besides, in school it was always my favorite class except for history ^^

zacky

Novize
My english is pretty good. Actually I am curious. My friend spent some time in Germany and a lot of Germans asked him to speak to them more in English. What is the motivation for this? Is it a commerce reason or more of a curiousity thing to help them improve their spoken english? And if it is a commerce thing, is Mandarin also a language of interest in Germany?
i guess the majority wants to improve their spoken english.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
Teammitglied
SMods
For trading with China Mandarin truely is a language of interest. Yet English is the most spoken and written language throughout the world. It is easy to learn though.

Regarding posting at this board it is not important if you write your threads or posts in German or English, as English is as much as welcome as German is

blackchaotic

Ordensbruder
i can chat engl. very good, speaking i need to think what to say lol
someone said on game already i can chat better english as some califonians Xd

cuz i chat all day english lol (on game)

heppl

Novize
My english is pretty good. Actually I am curious. My friend spent some time in Germany and a lot of Germans asked him to speak to them more in English. What is the motivation for this? Is it a commerce reason or more of a curiousity thing to help them improve their spoken english? And if it is a commerce thing, is Mandarin also a language of interest in Germany?
i guess the majority wants to improve their spoken english.
I'd say it's because english becomes more and more important in everday life and most germans take it for granted that everyone is able to speak english.

Point1

Gläubiger
English's like my native language, though I'm German. I even got a better mark in English than in German at school lol.

Manitou2000

Ungläubiger
Although I am a native german speaker, I kind of learned English by watching lots and lots of movies. I wouldn't exactly say that I speak (and write) like a native, but since I was in the US for half a year and my classes are mainly taught in English I got quite used to it

Well, I usualy frequent on english sites so my writing skills aren't that bad and I can understand almost anything I hear or read, but don't ask me to pronounce it correctly

hentai2

Novize
That's pretty much the same with me. My english skills are good enough to read and watch, but I feel kind of uncertain when it comes to write and talk. Never really know if it's I or me...

hallo6

Ungläubiger
Well, I'm able to write correct sentence in english, but I lack in conversations, because I don't have anyone to talk with on english. But still it's enough to read and write.

ssl

Ordenspriester
English is used to be my almost native language. I lived there for quite a long time, so i got very much used to.

Palp

Novize
I would say my english is very good, I have learned it in various ways since a very young age, beginning with just playing NES and computer games, then also watching cartoons without text on foreign satelite/cable channels (especially remember doing so with transformers) And then school.

Lichtbringer_2.0

Ordenspriester
I would say my english is very good. And i enjoy that. Honestly.... i like english more than german. Not only the language itself but talking it as well.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
Teammitglied
SMods
real problem ist that hardly anyone who learned kind of Oxford English in a german school won´t understand anything in most of Britain, although he / she himself are understood when speaking slowly...

Slang just isn´t taught in schools normally...

sephirot22

I will..never be a Memory
well i think my english is pretty goog. i can read english articles and understand them^^ although i watch many Animes in japanese with english subtitles because the german synchronization(?) sucks ;) ...in the most animes, not all^^

the funniest part is that i never really learned english^^ i like the language and so in time after playing many games, watching cartoon network when i was young, and animes it came from itself^^

in school my english marks where way better than my german marks^^ i also tried french but after five F´s i knew that 2 languages are the limit^^ luckily my teacher was pretty cool and gave me a D to pass the schoolyear :D

the hardest part for me is the right grammar. in school i mostly took that one that sounded right for me. sounds weird but it worked ;D but now i don´t know if it´s always right^^

@redrooster yes the Oxford english. the most unused slang in britain^^ but i can understand the britains better than the americans when they speak fast^^

Oben