the "right" language

jade4

Novize
Mine is English because I can speak it well and fully express my thoughts. I can also speak some Greek and I took some French in school but can't remember much of it. I wish I could speak more than one language well like some of you can.

Örni

Gläubiger
Ave, hello, tach, servus!

Hmm... let me think about your question...

I can four languages... more or less:

Latin (Never tried to speak with someone Latin. is it a language?)
English (Only the important sentences and the "bad" words)
German (Well, good enough for an conversation)
Bavarian (My favourite one)

Because only in Bavarian i can exactly say what I really think or mean.
Well I agree with you, but i can speak a bit of Aussie-english and spanish very well, cause it´s my nativ language

But Bavarian that´s what is best, cause in bavarian we do not must have to say:

Excuse me, i get a beer, please.

here we say: Ne Maß !

-.-

Grz J. Alavardo

Ah, I see someone had mentioned Latin, which, next to ancient greek, is a beautiful language I wish to fully learn and comprehend, as if you know the two, etymological questions on many different tongues become clear and simple to understand.

I guess those two are the languages I feel attracted to the most. Of course, it is always a question of taste. English is simple yet has high potential, Russian is simple and has interesting roots. Japanese is more of a language I would learn if I were more of a utilitarian, as, ahem, not much japanese literature and art is translated perfectly in western languages.

Örni

Gläubiger
@ harman but I think russian or japanese is very hard to learn cause of different letters...

And well the Last time I used Latin was in 10th grade.... from that on i never have translated something anymore -.-

vraydak

Gottheit
1. german,because it's my native language
2. and i can a bit english (not so good like i want)
3. and ,don't forget a little bit bavarian.It is embarressing i am born in Bavaria and live in bavaria but i only can
a little bit
4. i can also latin,but not speak,my latin teacher could speak latin(I was lucky he spoke the most time in german)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Empress

Novize
I personally prefer German because it's my mother-tongue :)
and it's of course easier for me to express myself in german than english
englisch though is a great language as well
and you need it in almost every aspect of life anyway...

in terms of art I don't prefer a specific language
because I'ld always advise if you have the choice, choose the native language of the author
because every translation, no matter how good it is, is only a workaround and there is always
some meaning lost

castoroom

Ungläubiger
1) English (worldwide business language)
2) Italian (native language :-))
3) Spanish (My favourite holiday destination...)
4) French (I cannot finish a work without saying: "Et voilà")

bl4ckli0n

Novize
well most likely english but compared to other languages especially world wide, i would prefer japanese ...seriously its even more simple than german... but the latin based languages will never understand this xD

HanzHanz

Novize
There are many ways you can like a language in:
I like German, because it's my native language.
I also like English for its simplicitiy and since there are certain things which I can express in English while they sound at least strange in German (I've got no concrete example at the moment, but at certain times, I only think in English because it fits better...)
I like French for the way it can be pronounced. Still I'm not really anxious to learn it any further.
I like Japanese because it's quite different from "Western languages".
I like Singhalese for its letters.

Real Mayer

Novize
Well I can 4 languages:
-German
-Englisch
-French
-Italian (not speak, but understand :P)

I think French is a nice language but it's very difficult to learn...English is the easiest one and you can speak to a lot of people with it (exept of Frenchmen and Italians :D)
Italian is way like French but to fast and loud and it's exausting just to hear the language ^^

Japanese is nice, too. It's a shame that i can just a few words.

And it's also a shame that i can't speak Bavarian or Franconian because i live there...but i can a little bit Saxonian because my father comes from there ^^

copyright

Novize
Dutch is the best language off-course. Well actually not. It might be my first language but I do prefer English. English is easier to learn and you can communicate with almost everyone.

Oben