good enough to translate english to german and back
you can see the result in the comic forum under

-The Black Book Team
-The Black Book

wfg siggraph

f4ith

VIP
VIP
Same with me, I did some translations from english to german and i think i did it well. I suppose my english is good enough to communicate in almost every situation (ok my technical english could be better because im studying at an technical university) but I think there are no complaints from anyone who spoke with me until now :) I know it sounds arrogant but I had never any mentionable problems to learn languages due to being raised bilingual by my parents. I think thats why I could learn new languages faster and maybe better than other people. I learned English at school and especially by reading books and watching anime (I somehow prefer the original versions to crappy translations, ever since i have read that horrible "modern" translation of lord of the rings.) Thats it folks, have a nice day :)

Edit: Maybe some minor grammar problems, usuage of present perfect and stuff like this, but hey, most important is that people understand each other and sometimes you don't have to speak a single word to do that.

RolfKäse

Otaku
mh, is it just me or is it really easier to translate english->german than german->english? because like f4ith and sig said, I too do some translations and I think its easier translating a foreign language into the native language...
other opinions are welcome...

In my Opinion english is the most important language in the whole world an i think it is very important for everybody to learn english...

My own ability to talk in this language is good/very good.
I am able to read books that are written in english without problems i am also able to understand english languaged tv channels like CNN. So i allow my self to (damn i don't get the word for "behaupten" -.-")
that i am not that poor in handeling this language ^^

Edit: Well ... i see... i have no problems to speak/read this language or to understand it ... but i'll have to learn how to write the words correct ^^

2points

VIP
VIP
Just a moment: You claim not to have problems with written english, but in the very same sentence, you write "I don't get the word for ...", which means you don't understand the word itself, but obviously your intention was to say you don't know/remember. :P
Hah, owned ! ;)

On topic: For my purposes, my english is fair enough... I guess.

2P

Yeah you are very right but i think you can also use "i don't get..." in the meaning of "i don't remeber..."

if not than sorry for my sucking mistake :D

Edit: If you want you can extract my sentece like this :

"i don't get the word ... in my mind" ^^

Hentai-Sp!e

Ordensbruder
Omg, my english is very bad,
In School i have always get good mark`s, but i dont think, that my english is so good.

I have many friends, from the USA and other countries. They all say that my english is not that bad. for a conversation its enough but many words i cant remember and so on :mauer:

the language is not hard but i have forgot many things ^^'#

cya Hentai-Sp!e

Mangamaniac

Germanischer Pirat
VIP
I think my english skills are ok but not good enough (i got an 3 (C in english Grade System) on my Highschool Exit Exam (Matura)).
My japanese girlfriend (what a pity, in the internet only ;( )understands me relatively good ;) 8)
But i don't know much Idioms which are the essence of the colloquial language. So I have to talk more oftener to people whose mother tongue is english :)

Barahir

Scriptor
Hello,

I speak more russian, but english goes also.
.... neee mit der sprache hab ich nicht am Hut, versehen tu ich sie aber .... aber mit der grammatik ist es weit her :D .

MfG Barahir

Rotstraher

Prophet
Englisch?
:lachen:
Bääääääh!

X( Ich hasse Englisch!
Habe es immer schon gehasst. X(

Kann kaum mehr als Schulenglisch.

Leider werde ich wohl es lernen müssen. :(
Es ist ja soooo wichtig!

:yo: Ohne bessre Englisch - Kenntnisse könnte ich / man sonst Schwierigkeiten bekommen. Z. B. im Beruf.

Wenn ich an die Globalisierung denke......

siggraph

SNOFRU
VIP
@the last two users
here is the english speaking forum

when you will say something about this thread, only use the english language please

wfg siggraph

Oben