How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Paul

Geek vom Dienst
VIP
Well, since we don´t have so much postings here in the International Forum I decided to open a poll about this question.

So, how good is your English?

I personally have problems with grammar but I can handle it good enough for conversations (if they aren´t too complicated)
In example my English isn´t good enough for reading the english edition of Stupid White Man but it´s good enough to read Chobits. ^^

bananabomb

Gläubiger
I personally think that my reading ist very good, but I have problems with speaking (pronouncing) english. I learnt it when i was 11+ from PC games and the Internet... Pretty educational i think =)... And people say PC games are bad for kids.... Tststs

EDIT: Aua. "I speak Engrish very goodly" ...statt goodly benutzt man "well"......

RolfKäse

Otaku
Woo? :>

anyway, english is pretty easy ^^ the non-formal one, i mean...
:D

well, i think today its important to speak english, writing not that much, but speaking. because if you are able to speak english, you have to opportunity to get a better (-payed) job.
in many firms which trade around the world its important that their "workers" can communicate with the clients outside germany.

well like everybody else said, reading english is quite easier then speaking/writing english ^.^'

Demo

VIP
VIP
oh man i just waited for such a thread and yes im not good at english!

But let me tell you guys something, people who cant even write or speak his/her home tounge (well im not sure if this is the correct word for "Muttersprache" but hey at least i tried ;D) good should not try to learn english.

Its just to complicated to learn if you dont know the german meaning of some words.

Ok i think that was it for today. (writing in english takes 10 times longer than writing in german ^^)
Sorry if I mixed or misspelled some words this is the first time writing in english since i graduated from secondary school :P

H lover II

VIP
VIP
Original von Demo
home tounge (well im not sure if this is the correct word for "Muttersprache" but hey at least i tried ;D)
I think what you mean is "native language"
Please don´t get angry for correct you.

I forgot something in my last post:

Ei speek inglish weri wel.= (translation) i think my english is much better since i had a "nachprüfung". (This time "I" don`t know the word.)
And since that time i like english very much and try to watch every Movie (i have ever seen) in the original version.
whether I am good in english .....well.....ask my english teacher (I donno)

Paul

Geek vom Dienst
VIP
Original von bananabomb
EDIT: Aua. "I speak Engrish very goodly" ...statt goodly benutzt man "well"......
Das war beabsichtigt.
Hier mal als Erklärung ein Auszug aus der Engrish.com FAQ:
Here is a extract of the Engrish.com FAQ as explanation:
Q. What is Engrish?

A. Engrish can be simply defined as the humorous English mistakes that appear in Japanese advertising and product design.
F. Was ist Engrish?
A. Engrish kann simpel definiert werden als humorvolle Englisch Fehler welche in japanischer Werbung und Produktdesign vorkommt.
So, I just used it as an option for those who make lots (maybe bad) mistakes. ;)
So, habe ich es als Option benutzt für jene die viele (möglicherweise schlechte) Fehler machen. ;)

Since some used German here I allowed myself to write booth languages.

Demo: Have a look at the option. The option for it is also mentioned there ;)

Demo

VIP
VIP
Original von H lover II
Original von Demo
home tounge (well im not sure if this is the correct word for "Muttersprache" but hey at least i tried ;D)
I think what you mean is "native language"
Please don´t get angry for correct you.

I forgot something in my last post:

Ei speek inglish weri wel.= (translation) i think my english is much better since i had a "nachprüfung". (This time "I" don`t know the word.)
And since that time i like english very much and try to watch every Movie (i have ever seen) in the original version.
whether I am good in english .....well.....ask my english teacher (I donno)
Somehow I knew that this word wasn`t right ^^

By the Way Happy Birthday to Dark-Monk he got 19 today !

g0t^bra1n?

Ordensbruder
hmm, i think my english is good enough to order some food at burgerking or mcdonalds... :P

just kidding, i try to speak good english, but very often i dont know some words. thats pretty shitty (can is say that? ?( )

anyway, every english-speaking-person should understand me... ^^

L

Lord Balin

wel, i once was good a speaking english, but that was when i was at school , 3 years ago.
Since then i never really needed to speak english.
I hope it`s good enough to do some small-talk, but more could be quite hard to do.
So much for now
Yours sincerely
Lord Balin

Oben