the "right" language

~~f

Otaku
Speaking English is very well, I believe I can understand almost everything I'm looking for but I don't know how my speaking is. My problem might be, learning English in school is miles away from useful English. It's like talking about swimming without ever seen water.

German is my native language and I'm fine with it. It doesn't need more the three years to learn it, I did it also... while I learned speaking ;)

Japanese? I can't speak it, so what I don't need it. I wont learn it only to understand any Anime or Manga stuff or show my friends any simple phrases.

Dutch? My grandfather is from Gauda, but he isn't really my grandfather. I understand a little bit when I read it on the paper, but nothing more.

Some Hessian slang? There are shure parts of it in my normal German language that I can't avoid but that's no shame. These are the languages you have to keep alive :]

Mangamaniac

Germanischer Pirat
VIP
I learn Japanese because i think its a very interesting language and I may need it for later vocational reasons.
Japanese language/culture differs so much from all the European languages/cultures and that is along a reason for why it fascinates me.
I also want to travel to Japan for some time.

Understanding Anime/Manga in original language is a nice side effect :] 8)
(the reason for I allways want to watch anime in original language version is also that i like the sound of the japanese language ;) )

Alzey

Ordenspriester
Well german is my native language, but not my Fav. I like englishand japanese the most. EWnglish is such a great Language, you can nearly communicate all over the world. Japanese... I simply love this Language with all the different styles and so on.
I speak a little bit japanese, but not very good, because in the City I live in there isn't any Chance to learn Japanese =(

rob

c'tulhu, a sukebe
VIP
(the reason for I allways want to watch anime in original language version is also that i like the sound of the japanese language ;) )
Dito :)
I think Japanese is the most Harmonic Language overall.
However... I don't understand many of it, but still hear Japanese Underground Hardrave, my Favourite Songs have massive Amounts of Vocals =D

German is a so-so, it depends on the People who speaks it, as well as English.
If someone doesn't even try to say the right words, I'll simply ignore them.

MangaEngel

archeolügenialkohöllisches Chaosvieh
VIP
I like
Japanese
English
German

But thats, I think, because I'm a big Soundtrackfreak (Disney xD) and this countrys have the clearest speech and voices and it just sounds so adorable to speak and sing with
For talking, I prefer german. I often noticed that some simple words in german are a little sentence in other languages and thats what I like about it. But it's hard for germans to speak foreign languages and for foreigners to talk german, because german is one of the few languages which don't have special accent. We sound as if we bite our tongs and the other as f they want to spit out the words, that makes it hard to communicate ^^'

Olobaid

Ordensbruder
YAY!

First of all, I'm glad that my 2-3yo THread is still alive and talked about (I've been not active for that time lol)

English still is one of my favorites (I went for A-Levels.. but my teacher is a piece of sh- :mad: ) , but I just luuuuuuuv the mere sound of some woman speaking Portugese **_** DAAAMN, that sure is hot (EDIT// somehOW, not somehoe oO x) , for , as far as I'm concerned, a bit of Spanish is fine too ;)

well.. i dont have my fav language
but i really want to learn japanese, koreanese and french
it seems so cool if i see somebody use those language

agh.. and one more.. arabic.. :P

Ryuuzaki

Nosce te ipsum
VIP
My favourite language is japanese because of its words and how they sound in a whole sentence.
A long time ago i decided to choose french as my favourite language, but if you get a better look into the french language you might get terrified by it. It's definitely hard to speak, especially when you have several mix-ups with the tempus and the things similar to that. Adding to the difficulties in the pronounciation, its a hard work where you must have enough patience to success in this language - and i haven't this amount of patience^^

SakakiArjuna

Scriptor
so, now my favourite languages are

1) german (becuase its the one i can best :D )
2) japanese (because its the one i try to can best XD)
3) englisch (because a lot of hentais are in english ^-^)

Hasiii

Scriptor
My native language is Austriaish XD
(Actually German, but we Austrians speak a different german than the Germans do, like american and british English. But the Problem is, that nearly every Country in Austria has it's own dialect :D )

I know 3 languages:
German
English
Italian
(and Latin, but it's no "real" language :yo: )

However, my favourite language is Italian. I can hardly speak it any more, but it reminds me at pizza, pasta and my holidays in Italy ^^

Angel.Aya

Exarch
I think my favourite language is japanese. I can not speak one word but I want to learn it. When I´m ready with my school.

I can speak
German
English
Latin (at the moment I am learning it, it is a death language but it is a language)

I´m very sorry when I do some mistakes (but I hate the grammar)

Funky Dude

Novize
1 Germany ( duh )
2 English ( the only language i can speak and write acceptable so far )
3 Greek ( Greece rules : P )

568 French ( I *hate* french *shivers* )

Øxidus

Freedom Fighter
Otaku Veteran
Well since i saw some ppl were posting what kind of languages there used, i suggest ill add mine aswell. ^^

1. German, cuz i grew up with it and my mother toung (muttersprache).
2. American english. why american english? cuz they dont have a wierd acent like the british ppl witch makes me easier to understand things.
3. Tamil, cuz its the language of my home country.

what i would like to learn is mexican language and brasil cuz they have a cool way of speaking. :p

Oben