[Diskussion] What was your favorite anime growing up?

Expanding Flan

Gläubiger
DBZ probably started the trip, which seems to be pretty common. I remember liking Pokemon too, but after Digimon came to my country, Pokemon seemed really bland in comparison.
Saber Marionette (both J and JtoX) were pretty big for me too. I remember crying like a baby at the end of JtoX.
FMA is probably the last thing I really liked from my "growing up days".

Samidare

Novize
I actually didn't watch Dragon Ball as a child, so I'm one of the few (at least between my friends) who doesn't like it THAT much.
My favorite anime as a child was Shaman King. I just loved the idea of spirits and (kinda) lazyness from Ioh xD

zerbsama

Gläubiger
for me it's Captain Future and the different Series of Il était une fois… Yes I know, they are produced in France, but at least half in Japan bei Eiken, so they are half-Anime...
But I didn't saw this back than. First "real" (knowing) Anime was Armitage III for me... a huge chunk of time later on...

Falvern2345

Gläubiger
Just like many others before me, I also grew up watching DBZ. Our local channels were (and still are airing) reruns of it, you can't miss it :P

Falvern2345

Gläubiger
While I loved DBZ to death back then, the first two years it aired we only got to see until freeza. And after that it only went up to Cell it was pure torture.
DBZ's pacing is quite slow. If I remember correctly the Gohan-Cell fight was like 10 episodes but when you remove all the dialogue and stuff, it was only 30+ minutes.

eckko

Novize
The ones I grew up with were primarily Naruto and DBZ. DBZ came first but Naruto was the bigger passion. I've watched all movies up to Shippuden, and all movies of DBZ back in the day, all the way up to the end of GT. People like to talk trash about non-DBZ titles of the same world, but they are all unique and part of the DB universe. Sure they might not be as good as DBZ, and that may be nostalgia talking, but they are all enjoyable.

Clown ReeD

Gläubiger
Depends on what age we are looking at.
At 8-10 I watched Card Captor Sakura, Shaman King and Detective Conan.
Before I started watching Jap Dub/Eng Sub anime on the internet, I watched One Piece and Naruto in my native language on TV.

NayanZ

Novize
When I was small the only series that were available in the TV were Dragonball, CC Sakura, R Kenshin and a few more so I think that I grow attached to these...

Oben