[Frage] Would you rewatch a series after the Bluray came out?

Bloxxer

Novize
If the Blu-Ray includes extra scenes, like OVA or ecchi, then I would. If it's the same as the original episodes, then I wouldn't.

Samidare

Novize
Like the others, only if I reaaaaaaally liked the series, or it included different scenes, or an OVA, or something. If it was a regular series, I don't think I would watch it in Blu-ray just because its now in better quality. On that topic, I'm waiting for a Tenchi Muyo BD release of the third OVA series, and I'm gonna rewatch it all :3

Expanding Flan

Gläubiger
I would, but the BR release wouldn't be the reason. If I just decide to rewatch something, and an HQ version had been releasead, then all the better.

Clown ReeD

Gläubiger
Only if it's an anime that is heavy on the action, where the increase in quality will make it even better. For plot driven animes the blu-ray doesn't make a difference, since I'm not watching the show for the quality of it's animation in the first place.

Off topic, but a dub release of an anime I liked has very high chances of being re-watched.

Falvern2345

Gläubiger
I would rewatch those that have heavily censored TV releases XD [Masou HxH, DxD, To Love Ru] call me a Perv but hey, that's what I'm here for :P As for others, I'm fine with TV/webrips. :D

eckko

Novize
That's always a hard decision. It depends on the genre though. If it's an anime with Ecchi or violent scenes then I'd definitely wait for a BD release to get the full experience.
But with slice of life shows that are set it school or university it doesn't really matter that much whether you watch the BD or TV version
Yup. Intrusive censors are especially annoying, so there's no reason to bother with certain genres until the BDs come out. I remember a series actually put a huge white laser across the stream instead of the offending area, which was ridiculous..
But you can be on the lookout for reception on the series to see if it's even worth watching before you look at the BDs. But maybe the series got some huge oppai and you wanna see them uncensored so you don't even have to think before watching it.

PoiuyZ

Novize
I rarely see a series again, so I usually wait for the uncensored version if it's an ecchi series. In the rest of the cases the TV version is enough.

vitor323

Gläubiger
depending on the improvements(like uncensored) and chances, yes i would rewatch a whole serie. But some ones that i like to much I would do just for the enjoyment.

Oben