[Frage] Your Native Language Dub vs Native Language Sub Anime

vitor323

Gläubiger
Sub, of couse it fells more real(*-*). Usually the translation of powers and stuff don`t fit at all, and some times it really sucks. The native language is better, hue.

I pretty much don't want native ... anything. Even my OS is set to English (my desktop, personal laptop, work laptop, ...).
Therefore it's always EN subs for me along the original JAP audio.

Having anything, be it games or anime, in my native language just feels ... off.

Edema Ruh

Novize
I don't like dub because of it an important part of Japanese culture is lost. I think the closer you are to the original the better it is, be it anime, manga or a book. So I am all for subs with Japanese voice.

Tzi

Gläubiger
Dub destroys in too many cases the anime, movie, game...
I have been watching and playing on the original language for years now and it raised the quality of those consumed medias tremendously for me.

GyD

Novize
JapDub with subtitles for me, most of the time non JapDub (English or other) doesn't fit the character :(

Tabula42

Gläubiger
I prefer Japanese dub with English subs. Many of the voice actors for English dubs are either really bad, or they do this thing with their voice that makes them sound bad even if they do good work on things like games or movies. I studied Japanese enough to know that dubs aren't always the best things ever, but personally I find even the bad ones to be much more tolerable than an English dub.

There seems to be a trend with female English voice actresses as well, they all put on this squeaky, harsh voice that often sounds like they are trying to whisper at the same time. And it makes them all sound the same. This is less of a problem with male voice actors though, I really like some of the dub work they do but sometimes a dub is ruined by one bad actor and from my experience it tends to be the actresses.

I also find that English dubs are always localised to Americans, so I can understand the references better if there's a proper English fansub or translation note. Most of the time I can understand the Japanese reference more than the Americanised version.

neoasherz

Novize
I make it a point to watch subbed first before going to dubbed. There' s something about wanting to watch and listen with the original intonation that gives each series a unique feel even compared to dubbed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Arutnev

Novize
I prefer the English dub. Being able to appreciate more of what's going on onscreen while understanding what they're saying is more important to me.

I'm from Malaysia so unless it is children anime then both sub and dub are equally bad. They censored word to much sometime it isn't even a swearing.

gto27

Novize
I prefer jap sub even though some anime in french are really good as fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and GTO.
But in general, the French voices in the animes are not top

whee

Novize
For most animes, the Japanese voices tend to be more fitting to the scene. In some cases, like DBZ; Rurouni Kenshin; and Yu Yu Hakusho, they do get some great English VAs, though.

tiboom

Novize
native dubs,it doesn't allow me to correct it against the original language because i don't know the original
my native subber kind of sucks

wer09

Novize
My native language dub (indonesian) here always seems weird.
It's like the translators don't really understand japanese.

Oben