How good is your English?

How good is your English?

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer

Anu

Novize
My english isn't as good as it could be. I understand the most things but I cannot really speak a hole sentence.... but I tried to learn and visited Southengland two times and so I hope it will become better.

T.D.S.

Ordenspriester
Fuck, why should anyone speak English goodly. I hope that answer is for the noobs. So, my English is good enough to be goddamned.

mznova

Novize
My english is good. I was born here. But I do have problems pronouncing some words. They just don't come out right since english was not my first language.

Halibay

Novize
English is my native tongue, but I can also speak german when I have too. I was stationed in Berlin for a few years before I went to Iraq.

Sabouru

Novize
i think my english is well enough to understand some American's and Subtitles n speak with them but nothing more ^^

wazza2

Novize
I think I can make myself quite clear in English. However, I always have to change the way I want to say something because I can't quite translate it from my native tongue.

labov

Ordensbruder
I'd say I'm relatively fluent. I do have a slight mystery accent (people have so far identified it as dutch, finnish, danish, german, american (???), french, russian and even italian) for some reason. And then there's a small bunch of markedly "american" phraseologisms that I cannot get rid of, no matter what ("wrapping things up" is one particular pet peeve of mine).
Sometimes I have to pause and think for a second, especially when speaking in a scholarly, or academic context. And I always, always get the emphasis on "import, v." (im-pawrt) and "import, n." (im-pawrt) mixed up. Bleah.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

akaltar

Novize
Reading and writing pretty good (reading > writing) but i think speaking is bad, but I don't know i don't speak it at all... >.>

English is like so totally my native language my germansky hombre!

Surfer pronunciation aside. Yea, totally native. So why am I on a German board you ask?

Well, number one, after a few hours on Xbox live you begin to crave time away from your surrounding locales.

Example: 1337Gunpowder: "BULLET GLITCH!!! ASSHOLE SHOT THROUGH WALL!!!"

fairykittensofdoom

Ungläubiger
English is like so totally my native language my germansky hombre!

Surfer pronunciation aside. Yea, totally native. So why am I on a German board you ask?

Well, number one, after a few hours on Xbox live you begin to crave time away from your surrounding locales.

Example: 1337Gunpowder: "BULLET GLITCH!!! ASSHOLE SHOT THROUGH WALL!!!"
Quoted for truth.
There are less people here that talk like pricks and are noticeable. Nice place, actually.

füchsily

vorsicht bissig
Otaku Veteran
well, i think i can say, that my english is very good. an english teacher once told me, that i seem to have a gift for the english language, but that was when i still didn't like english too much, because of all that sh*t like studying vocabulary and grammar xD
but since i started to listen more carefully to the lyrics of english songs, read some english texts (a lot of fanfictions^^) and tried to form some usual sentences about what was just going on in my mind, i got real interested in that language and today i even like it more than german, which is my native language^^
but of course my english still isn't perfect... as i never really liked grammar, i do everything just after some kind of feeling, hoping that it might be correct enough to be understandable for others. spelling is a problem, too, so that i keep on looking up words when i'm sitting at my computer and not quite sure about how to write it. but i am practicsing real hard.

coresplender

Ordenspriester
My english is not the best. at my work as cook we speak not english french is de the cookinglangue but to buy me a pizza in english it is good

Oben